PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2009, 07:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

PintozozDIAM is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPintozozDIAM is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPintozozDIAM is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPintozozDIAM is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Talking Force 1x, Hybrid or EVDO EASY MODE!!!

I had to force 1x on my phone, since I live in a horrible location and my phone would jump back and forth between 1x and EVDO killing my battery in less than 4 hours. Looking around the interbutts, I found this tip. Works on our Diamonds and should work on every other phone.

It allows you to make a menu option for easy forcing of either type of phone connection. I do not take credit. I'm simply reposting

---
Here is the Registry edit for enabling Hidden Phone Settings "Mode of Operation" option to pick 1X mode only.

HKLM\SOFTWARE\OEM\PhoneSetting

Change the option HiddenModeOperationPage from 1 to 0

Then go to Phone/menu/option/service/and check in the list, "Mode of Operation" should be at the bottom. You have 3 choices, Hybrid, EVDO, and 1X.
---

http://forum.xda-developers.com/arch.../t-445859.html

haven't gotten to test battery differences... But it's working fully on 1x. I don't mind internet speed loss, since I barely use it.http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/images/smilies/headbang.gif
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-14-2009, 08:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond - FuFu 4.5.3
Carrier: Alltel

highlife22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephighlife22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephighlife22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephighlife22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephighlife22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephighlife22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephighlife22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephighlife22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephighlife22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephighlife22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephighlife22 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Force 1x, Hybrid or EVDO EASY MODE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pintozoz@hotmail.com View Post
I had to force 1x on my phone, since I live in a horrible location and my phone would jump back and forth between 1x and EVDO killing my battery in less than 4 hours. Looking around the interbutts, I found this tip. Works on our Diamonds and should work on every other phone.

It allows you to make a menu option for easy forcing of either type of phone connection. I do not take credit. I'm simply reposting

---
Here is the Registry edit for enabling Hidden Phone Settings "Mode of Operation" option to pick 1X mode only.

HKLM\SOFTWARE\OEM\PhoneSetting

Change the option HiddenModeOperationPage from 1 to 0

Then go to Phone/menu/option/service/and check in the list, "Mode of Operation" should be at the bottom. You have 3 choices, Hybrid, EVDO, and 1X.
---

http://forum.xda-developers.com/arch.../t-445859.html

haven't gotten to test battery differences... But it's working fully on 1x. I don't mind internet speed loss, since I barely use it.http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/images/smilies/headbang.gif

Most of your cooked roms will have this already added and you'll find it under your services menu.

Its exceptionally helpful when your out in the middle of no where. Right now I'm in a 1x area just on the rim of ev and yes locking in on 1x to keep from bouncing back and forth in poor service areas helps you preserve your battery. If you are in a primarily 1x area on the outter rim of ev its a great tool.
Old 01-14-2009, 10:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

PintozozDIAM is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPintozozDIAM is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPintozozDIAM is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPintozozDIAM is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlife22 View Post
Most of your cooked roms will have this already added and you'll find it under your services menu.

Its exceptionally helpful when your out in the middle of no where. Right now I'm in a 1x area just on the rim of ev and yes locking in on 1x to keep from bouncing back and forth in poor service areas helps you preserve your battery. If you are in a primarily 1x area on the outter rim of ev its a great tool.
:P I'm not using a cooked rom. I got TF3D config working on my phone, so I got no problem with the stock rom. It is a great tool though. I already notice a big difference... Phone battery lasting way more. Internet also takes a lot more lol. but you win and lose some...
Old 01-14-2009, 11:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint PCS

threeFiftyLi is becoming a great contributor

would EVDO only mode cause any problems if im in a EVDO area all the time?
Old 01-15-2009, 11:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by threeFiftyLi View Post
would EVDO only mode cause any problems if im in a EVDO area all the time?
youd get the exact same results you have now. Only problem would be if you leave a EVDO area and your phone tries to connect to 1x but it can't since its forced into EVDO.. youll have to manually change it to hybrid. WOnder what would happen if you leave it forced in evdo and move to 1x... youll probably have no signal, or youll create a hole in the universe. 1/0=?
Old 01-22-2009, 03:32 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Verizon HTC Touch Pro

ociopia is a n00b
How to "force" Diamond into "roam only?"

I was told that many Sprint phones usually have 3 roaming options: Sprint, Automatic and Roaming Only. And that if you choose Roaming Only, you will get great coverage anywhere there's a Verizon network, vs Automatic, which will not "grab" the Verizon network if there is any type of Sprint coverage, even if it is worthless.

The Diamond manual had me go to phone, menu, options, services, highlite roaming, get settings - and there were only two options: Sprint and Automatic. There was no "Roaming Only" option.

Is there a way to get around this - to "force" the Diamond into roaming only so that there is great coverage most places?

Thanks, Sherry
Old 01-22-2009, 03:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: tp

npatel1471 is a n00b

I have this hack already enabled on my phone... is there the possibility someone can make a program out of it to switch between hybrid and 1X. At home i need 1X or im in the same boat as OP, but outside of that, i would like it to be hybrid mode. I know i can go thru the 7 clicks and switch it manually, but it would be nice to have 1 click program that you could use to cycle the two choices. TYIA
Old 01-22-2009, 03:37 PM
THE HENCHMAN
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Diamond & Verizon Blackberry Storm!
Carrier: Sprint w/ SERO!

stevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to stevedog1
Re: How to "force" Diamond into "roam only?"

Here is the thread you need to look at:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ight=roam+only

This thread might help as well:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=53228

Edit: Ociopia Started a thread (her question is 2 posts above mines) and I responded. Then threads got Merged.

Just so no one gets confused here

Last edited by stevedog1; 01-22-2009 at 03:51 PM.
Old 01-12-2010, 01:55 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Verizon

efnaron is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to efnaron
Smile Re: Force 1x, Hybrid or EVDO EASY MODE!!!

Old 01-13-2010, 04:06 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Iphone 4s

violent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

my problem is I live it a city where EVDO should be everywhere, however my phone still goes from 1X to EVDO. Does this mean I should flash a new radio?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond