PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2009, 09:56 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: bell mobility

bottad is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
SMS time stamp on incoming messages

Greetings to all!

I'm having a problem with the time stamp on incoming text messages. They are all showing as arriving (or being sent?) 5 hours ahead, the same as GMT actually since I'm in EST -5 hrs.

I've looked around to see if there are fixes for this and the only one that seemed to work for most others was the registry tweak to add "TrustTimeZoneField" with value 0. Sadly this did nothing for me.

Any other Bell users out there have this problem or found a fix?

I'm using Juicy 4.4 ROM.

Any help is appreciated!
Thanks.

Aaron
Old 01-16-2009, 05:35 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2
Carrier: Telus

O'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Yahoo to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Skype™ to O'Neil Mitchell
Re: SMS time stamp on incoming messages

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottad View Post
Greetings to all!

I'm having a problem with the time stamp on incoming text messages. They are all showing as arriving (or being sent?) 5 hours ahead, the same as GMT actually since I'm in EST -5 hrs.

I've looked around to see if there are fixes for this and the only one that seemed to work for most others was the registry tweak to add "TrustTimeZoneField" with value 0. Sadly this did nothing for me.

Any other Bell users out there have this problem or found a fix?

I'm using Juicy 4.4 ROM.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks.

Aaron

I'm not with Bell, but i'm running also running 4.4. I would have just tried a hard reset, that will probable fix it
Old 01-16-2009, 05:39 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Palm Pre, Diamond, Vogue
Carrier: Bell Mobility

mixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

no way to fix it..all custom roms have this issue. just wish it was fixed. if only someone fixed it.

Old 01-16-2009, 06:09 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2
Carrier: Telus

O'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Yahoo to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Skype™ to O'Neil Mitchell

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixxy View Post
no way to fix it..all custom roms have this issue. just wish it was fixed. if only someone fixed it.

I wouldn't go that far; and say a ROMs experience this issue. I like I said in the previous post, I have never experience that problem
Old 01-16-2009, 07:35 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

mixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by O'Neil Mitchell View Post
I wouldn't go that far; and say a ROMs experience this issue. I like I said in the previous post, I have never experience that problem
ive tried EVERY custom rom out on this forum to try and fix the issue, and no cigar. I was posting from my diamond before so i didnt wanna write much, but from what i know is that bell has a different system in place for their time stamps. if u revert back to the stock rom, the issue is gone.

However, any other custom rom has the same issue. Mike, calcu, juicy. I tried figuring out the problem by decompiling the original rom, but honestly im no where NEAR knowledgable enough to know, and dont have enough time to learn right now.

So i really hope some great mind out there fixed this for us bell users, because right now i just see the stamp and take 5 hrs away in my head to figure out thr time stamp
Old 01-16-2009, 08:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: CDMA Diamond
Carrier: MTS

littlerichie29 is just getting started

You could try this file to fix the time stamp issue, although it is for the MTS network in Manitoba... Can always be uninstalled...
Attached Files
File Type: cab MTS_RecvTimeStamp.cab (45.9 KB, 74 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-17-2009, 06:20 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlerichie29 View Post
You could try this file to fix the time stamp issue, although it is for the MTS network in Manitoba... Can always be uninstalled...

any confirmation this works?
Old 01-17-2009, 06:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: CDMA Diamond
Carrier: MTS

littlerichie29 is just getting started

It works for MTS in Manitoba. Like i said, try it, it can always be uninstalled...
Old 01-18-2009, 07:53 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: bell mobility
Threadstarter

bottad is a n00b

Quote:
This did the trick for me. Thanks a lot littlerich!
Old 06-18-2009, 01:40 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

ikiris is a n00b

Quote:
This definetly worked right away! thanks so much

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond