PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2010, 12:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond soon to be Evo :)
Carrier: Sprint

lucario07 is keeping up the good worklucario07 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
What other phones do they offer as a diamond replacement?

I was just wondering because I'm going to be on the third replacement and the rep adviced me to go to a sprint store if there is anything wrong with it to get a new phone and was just wondering what they will offer, this is just for the diamond not for the touch pro or any other phone.
Old 01-22-2010, 06:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

stlbadger is just getting started
Re: What other phones do they offer as a diamond replacement?

I would like to know as well, as I am having the EXACT same issue
Old 01-22-2010, 08:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO Shift 4G

JQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuff

There is NONE. The Diamond has no "comprable model" because it is the only phone of it's kind...a Windows Phone withouth a keyboard. No other phone exists on Sprint like it, Touch Pro owners get to get a swap out for a TP2, we get screwed. Until they completely run out of inventory which won't be any time soon because the discontinued the phone so now every single left over phone they had are ALL going to be dedicated to insurance replacements. We're stuck with our Diamonds until we are dead.
Old 01-22-2010, 08:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

stravy is becoming a great contributor

I am on my 7th diamond and am currently trying for something different, they offered another Diamond but I have refused. Right now they are offering me the HTC Snap, Palm Treo Pro and the Samsung Intrepid. NONE of which are comparable to the Diamond. They said these are "comparable" phones to the Diamond and would not consider the Hero or the Pre because those are different operating systems.
Old 01-23-2010, 02:55 AM
Regular 'Geeker

JQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by stravy View Post
I am on my 7th diamond and am currently trying for something different, they offered another Diamond but I have refused. Right now they are offering me the HTC Snap, Palm Treo Pro and the Samsung Intrepid. NONE of which are comparable to the Diamond. They said these are "comparable" phones to the Diamond and would not consider the Hero or the Pre because those are different operating systems.
We just got owned by Sprint
Old 01-23-2010, 04:01 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Diamond

rgreen60610 is a n00b

would it be smart to buy a tp1 and insist something is wrong with it at repair center would they swap to tp2 because im seeing tp1's for a hundred bucks
Old 01-23-2010, 10:49 PM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla

Quote:
Originally Posted by JQuill View Post
There is NONE. The Diamond has no "comprable model" because it is the only phone of it's kind...a Windows Phone withouth a keyboard. No other phone exists on Sprint like it, Touch Pro owners get to get a swap out for a TP2, we get screwed. Until they completely run out of inventory which won't be any time soon because the discontinued the phone so now every single left over phone they had are ALL going to be dedicated to insurance replacements. We're stuck with our Diamonds until we are dead.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgreen60610 View Post
would it be smart to buy a tp1 and insist something is wrong with it at repair center would they swap to tp2 because im seeing tp1's for a hundred bucks
I know for a fact they have refurb TP1's, so chances are you are going to get swapped into a refurb if you have a TP and it is giving you issues. If you have had 3 replacements, they may switch it out, but I don't think TP2's are an option any longer for TP1 users. I have seen TP users switched into a Palm Pre. Besides, if you just go buy a TP, whether it's new or not and put it on your line, and then a few days/weeks later say it is giving you issues since you haven't had any replacements on that device you are going to get a refurb TP if they have them. Which is not a positive thing since the refurb TP's tend to be not so good IMO.

As for the Diamond, I think it is just Treo Pro and a few other crap phones, so honestly nothing worth fighting for IMO. Refurb Diamonds, I had a few, honestly are hit or miss. I had one that looked, felt, worked brand new, I just had some screen issues.
Old 01-24-2010, 07:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker

My friend just upgraded to a Hero from a Touch Pro so I was thinking about putting his phone on my account and then trying to get get a swap out for a TP2 but I do not want to waste half a day doing ESN swaps and trying to out wit Assurion employees.
Old 01-24-2010, 08:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Alltel

alltelhtcuser is a n00b

Does anyone know what 3 phones you have to choose from @ verizon?
Last time asurion had me go to the store and I had a choice of 3 phones.
Like you said they offered a refurb touch over the phone but they didnt have any at the store. So I was able to choose from 3 comparable, at the time one of them was the diamond, that I have now.
If no one knows that fine, either way I will let everyone know.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond