PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2008, 02:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: TELUS

AycheDub is keeping up the good workAycheDub is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Font Size in Threaded Text Messaging - PLEASE HELP!

This is probably a WM6.1 question more than a Diamond question, but because I'm using JUICY'S 2.2 ROM, I figured I'd ask here.

I am a person with a visual impairment - I can't see all that well. I've used Windows Mobile devices for a few years but would be very interested in making the text much large on many screens within Windows Mobile. I've been able to do this through the Registry, making the font size larger for menues, pop-ups and title bars. What I can't seem to figure out is how to make the text large in "Text Messaging." In Juicy's ROM, threaded text messaging is used (which I love) but I can't seem to find the registry key to edit the font size of the text that is received. The perfect font size for me in this case would be 14 point font.

Please help if you could with this issue. It would be much appreciated.

I was able to edit the font size of the text that I type into "Text Messaging" but still not the actual conversation text size. Please help! Thanks.
Old 09-27-2008, 02:48 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Re: Font Size in Threaded Text Messaging - PLEASE HELP!

Settings > System > Screen > then choose the "Text Size" tab

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-27-2008, 02:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I've done this already - making it as large as it can go but that is still not as large as I'd like it to be. That only makes the text aproximately 10 or 12 point font in Text Messaging. I'm hoping for 14 point font. I'm quite visually impaired...

Any other suggestions?
Old 09-27-2008, 02:54 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AycheDub View Post
I've done this already - making it as large as it can go but that is still not as large as I'd like it to be. That only makes the text aproximately 10 or 12 point font in Text Messaging. I'm hoping for 14 point font. I'm quite visually impaired...

Any other suggestions?
anything larger then this would require a registry modification.

i dont know it off hand but i do know its very doable.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-27-2008, 03:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggalo_X View Post
anything larger then this would require a registry modification.

i dont know it off hand but i do know its very doable.
Yeah, I figured as much and I've been looking all through the registry but can't seem to find it...

If anyone knows, please help
Old 09-27-2008, 05:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero
Carrier: Sprint

ducylowycz is keeping up the good workducylowycz is keeping up the good workducylowycz is keeping up the good work

did you try going in your text messaging application and "lightly" make a circle on the direction pad? I know for myself I can adjust it on the fly without even touching any registry settings.
Old 09-27-2008, 05:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Thanks for the tip. Yeah I read that and gave it a try - it only makes the font about 11 or 12 points... which is still alright I guess, but I'd much rather be able to push it higher if possible.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-27-2008, 05:59 PM
mmmm Freebirds
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (X2)
Carrier: Sprint

Darkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIP

How I change the font size in the threaded SMS is set up an email account on you device. Receive at least one message. Open the email and then click Menu->View->Text Size. When this is changed there it effects all the email accounts, including text messaging. I use this method to make my text messages smaller. Don't know if you tried it yet, but its worth a shot.

Good things don't end in 'eum,' they end in 'mania'...or 'teria'
Easily switch between TouchFlo and Mobile Shell
If you like my work feel free to
Old 09-27-2008, 08:07 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: iPhone4
Carrier: AT&T

Certs is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

PPI is so high on the phone that a large font will look smaller by default anyway, so its tough for your situation.

If you open an email (for some reason it doesn't allow you in an SMS), you can choose menu-view-text size: and increase it there. I tested, it also increases the SMS text size. WM 6.1 has made email text size independent of system settings now. Hope this helps you out
Old 09-27-2008, 10:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattycerts View Post
PPI is so high on the phone that a large font will look smaller by default anyway, so its tough for your situation.

If you open an email (for some reason it doesn't allow you in an SMS), you can choose menu-view-text size: and increase it there. I tested, it also increases the SMS text size. WM 6.1 has made email text size independent of system settings now. Hope this helps you out
Thank you everyone for your help. Changing the text size within in an email message through Menu - View - Text Size is the equivalent of changing the text size using the touch wheel while in a message on SMS. Font still says at 11 / 12 point font. Which is fine - I'll live with it. I'm sure there is some majorly complicated way to change it in registry or programming but I can't find anything on the net about it. So I'll stick with this.

Thank you all again for your help.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond