PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2010, 05:18 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

meepzork is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
im bored with my diamond... help?

its that age old question. Im bored with my phone and I want a new one. Help?

Heres my situation. Im out of contract with Sprint, my plan is Sero 500. The only thing they have that im ALLOWED to upgrade to is the touch pro 2. A friend of mine has it and frankly im not that impressed. I bought SPB Mobileshell a few months back and I thought that would do the trick, but i guess not.

No matter what I do, its gonna cost me another $30/mo to upgrade since ill have to switch to "new sero". All of my stuff is google (mail, contacts, voice, calendars, etc) so it seems like the obvious move to go to the hero or the moment. Any suggestions? Palm?
Old 01-18-2010, 05:36 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: im bored with my diamond... help?

What about a Blackberry? I'm loving my Tour. *snicker*
Old 01-18-2010, 05:43 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: AT&T

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP

We've been on SERO for several years, and are faced with the same issues. One of the options we've been looking into is combining several distant family members into a single plan in order to drive the unit cost down. Is that a possibility for you?
Old 01-18-2010, 05:56 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

meepzork is a n00b

mrobvious, ive used a few blackberrys and just cant get into them.

wmdunn, no family to join with.

i read online that sprint is forcing some people off sero once the contract ends, so id like to nip this in the bud.
Old 01-18-2010, 06:50 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: AT&T

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by meepzork View Post
i read online that sprint is forcing some people off sero once the contract ends, so id like to nip this in the bud.
I wouldn't worry about that part of it ... I have been out of contract for a while now ... no issues, other than the unavailability of most of the new phones on SERO.
Old 01-18-2010, 09:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc diamond
Carrier: sprint

gangmobb is keeping up the good workgangmobb is keeping up the good work

Go to the hero forum and read reviews very helpful! and if anything go with hero.. moment is none existing yet if you go the their forum lol and i heard pre is okay EXCEPT for how its built (feels lik a plastic toy) but it pretty good at multi taksing. again all covered in hero reveiws =D

BTW wmdunn Nice ROM great recommendation(only the start menu may have been done a lil too much) i got my new diamond today and i may just sell on ebay and wait for hero tomm =D lol

Last edited by gangmobb; 01-18-2010 at 09:28 PM.
Old 01-19-2010, 07:33 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Diamond

corneliuscrisco is just getting started

Im bored of my Diamond too, but I've been pretty content with OMJs Sense rom.

Im eligible for an upgrade now but Im going to wait and see if Palm announces a new webos phone for sprint.
Old 01-19-2010, 02:23 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

meepzork is a n00b

got a hero! its great to have google integration, and the market is pretty cool. so long diamond users, im off to go complain in the hero forums
Old 01-19-2010, 04:59 PM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)

I'm in a similar situation. Not on SERO, but have a 450 anytime plan with $15 Vision Data. After 22% company discount that's $43/ month. 1000 free texts and Free Pick 3 with Google voice. Been longing for the HD2, but no sign of it any time soon. Not willing to shell out $350 for a Touch Pro 2 I finally found a friend with a week old TP2 who is selling it to me for $200. I also don't think it's that much of an upgrade, but it's better than nothing!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond