PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2010, 02:31 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO...nothin but the BEST!
Carrier: Sprint

TREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Is this a good way to get out of Sprint

I am thinking of switching to T-Mobile the only thing that is keeping me back is...isn't there a $30 Smartphone package fee per phone? Kinda like the Blackberry thing. I saw the prices of the plans, went through the checkout process and it added this "package" jacking my potential bill sky high.

Old 01-14-2010, 06:24 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO / BB 8330
Carrier: sprint/verizon

thmgombosi is becoming a great contributor

I just actually had sprint zero out my contract with no etf fees today. I was gonna cancel completely because my work gives us phones now and my wife was just gonna get a prepaid. After talking to the rep he said that in the next few months sprint had some big announcement that i should stay. So he convinced me to stay but the one hitch is he had to release my contract and put me on month to month. He even did one better and said if and when i come back he would honor the $20 per month credit for 24 months I was offered from another rep earlier in the call. When i called today the rep was actually willing to help. This is the first time the rep actually took owner ship. It usually seems like they dont care about there jobs (or you) and always try to pass the buck!
Old 01-15-2010, 12:21 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: NA
Threadstarter

bEaver_2 is a n00b

I've switched to T-mobile. I'll be terminating my Sprint this weekend. With that said, I have no harsh feelings against Sprint, T-mobile just offered a better product at a better price. I'm still open to switching back to Sprint. I'll say this, if Sprint announced a 1GHZ, capacitive screen, over 3.6" screen, and wii-max, along with expanding their national wii-max coverage, I'd switch back. Until them I'll be camping out at T-mobile saving a few bucks and using a better phone.
T-mobile has the Even More Plus plan with unlimited web and text, + 1000 minutes for $69.99 a month. That's simply unbeatable. Along with the free touch pro 2, I had no reason to stay.

The way I see it, if Sprint DOES come out with what I request, I can sell my touch pro 2 for like $300 and that'll more than cover the T-mobile EFT, so I can switch back at no cost.

If Sprint doesn't come out with what I listed above, than I'll be happy with an HTC HD2 in a few months. I win either way.

In the mean time I get a better phone and save $30 a month.
Old 01-15-2010, 01:07 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

bEaver_2 is a n00b

Hey guys is there any program like Sprint Navigation that'll work on T-Mobile? That has voice guide directions so you don't have to take your eyes off the road?
Since I'm leaving Sprint I guess I can't use that app anymore...
Old 01-17-2010, 09:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond (Sprint model)
Carrier: Cricket

ejdavis72 is keeping up the good workejdavis72 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by gangmobb View Post
You all should get a hero and try it out! It's wicked awesone even if it is andriod
Windows mobile is wicked awesome and there is nothing better IMO. Once you get it working right.
Old 01-17-2010, 01:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc mogul
Carrier: boost

georgepa is becoming a great contributor

2-yr. contracts are for the birds.

Sprint's pre-paid arm, Boost CDMA, costs $46.33 TOTAL per month (incl. taxes and fees) and gives me:

Unlimited talk
Unlimited text (SMS and MMS)
Unlimited 3G web
Unlimited GPS
Unlimited Tethering ability
Unlimited use of Sprint Navigation, Sprint NFL, Nascar, etc.

No Contracts

I can choose one of their phones (Boost) or move a Sprint-branded phone in. Caveat is that they won't allow the most recent phones (i.e. Hero, Palm Pre) but there are tons of smartphones to choose from. I use my HTC Diamond with it, others are using HTC Touch Pro II, various Blackberries like the Curve, Tour, Samsung Intrepid, etc. Yes, I have to look for deals on phones on ebay or Craigslist, and a TP 2 costs about $250, but having no contracts and getting all the services on the Sprint 3G network for under $50 per month make it a worthwhile investment (I paid under $100 for my HTC Diamond.)

I guess some are ok with paying double or triple per month for the same or lesser services (T-Mobile was my previous provider, they stink) just to get a latest-model phone, but I can wait an extra year to go from my Diamond or Touch Pro 2 to the Hero or any other device Sprint comes out with (if I feel I need it.)
Old 01-17-2010, 06:42 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

bEaver_2 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREmp77 View Post
I am thinking of switching to T-Mobile the only thing that is keeping me back is...isn't there a $30 Smartphone package fee per phone? Kinda like the Blackberry thing. I saw the prices of the plans, went through the checkout process and it added this "package" jacking my potential bill sky high.
Go with the Even More Plus plan if you go on T-mobile. The regular ever more plan stinks.
Even more plus is only $59.99 a month for 500 minutes, ulimited texts, and 3G(Even for smartphones)
Now the disadvantage is that you get no phone discounts, but at the same time you don't have a 2 year contract either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgepa View Post
2-yr. contracts are for the birds.

Sprint's pre-paid arm, Boost CDMA, costs $46.33 TOTAL per month (incl. taxes and fees) and gives me:

Unlimited talk
Unlimited text (SMS and MMS)
Unlimited 3G web
Unlimited GPS
Unlimited Tethering ability
Unlimited use of Sprint Navigation, Sprint NFL, Nascar, etc.

No Contracts

I can choose one of their phones (Boost) or move a Sprint-branded phone in. Caveat is that they won't allow the most recent phones (i.e. Hero, Palm Pre) but there are tons of smartphones to choose from. I use my HTC Diamond with it, others are using HTC Touch Pro II, various Blackberries like the Curve, Tour, Samsung Intrepid, etc. Yes, I have to look for deals on phones on ebay or Craigslist, and a TP 2 costs about $250, but having no contracts and getting all the services on the Sprint 3G network for under $50 per month make it a worthwhile investment (I paid under $100 for my HTC Diamond.)

I guess some are ok with paying double or triple per month for the same or lesser services (T-Mobile was my previous provider, they stink) just to get a latest-model phone, but I can wait an extra year to go from my Diamond or Touch Pro 2 to the Hero or any other device Sprint comes out with (if I feel I need it.)
Can you explain to me how this works? I mean, I went to the website after binging Boost and I'm just a bit skeptical how it can have all the coverage of Sprint with half the prices and no contract???
Old 01-18-2010, 01:57 PM
No charge for Awesomeness
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Musicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bEaver_2 View Post
I can tell you this much, if Sprint announced a 4G phone from HTC with a 1GHZ snapdragon cpu with a 3.6" or larger screen with 512mbs of RAM I'd stay in a heartbeat.
Wow. Just a few more days and you would have seen this: http://www.engadget.com/2010/01/17/h...android-style/

Spread the thanks! Click http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/images/but...ost_thanks.gif if someone helps you!
Old 01-18-2010, 03:19 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by bEaver_2 View Post
Can you explain to me how this works? I mean, I went to the website after binging Boost and I'm just a bit skeptical how it can have all the coverage of Sprint with half the prices and no contract???
Boost is Sprint. It's owned by Sprint and runs on the nextel network from what I remember reading about it. I'm not sure if it uses the same data as Sprint. When I was looking into it awhile ago, I thought it used a slower data network (ie whatever nextel used to run on). Things may have changed though.
Old 01-18-2010, 03:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC DIAMOND
Carrier: SPRINT

HEDRICKMS is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicman247 View Post
Wow. Just a few more days and you would have seen this: http://www.engadget.com/2010/01/17/h...android-style/

Unbelievable!!!!!!!! I am so glad I never lost faith in Sprint. Not that it mattered anyway since all the other carriers cost more and have horrible reception. This is just icing on the cake. Sprint Rocks.........

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond