PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2010, 01:45 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond CDMA
Carrier: Cellular South

icephreaq is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Running Linux, bricked my diamond and....

can't get my diamond to show up in Linux currently when plugged into one of my USB ports and PDA in the bootloader screen. I can't put another rom image on my diamond unless I can get access to the storage card. Any suggestions?
Old 01-13-2010, 01:53 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community
Re: Running Linux, bricked my diamond and....

Quote:
Originally Posted by icephreaq View Post
can't get my diamond to show up in Linux currently when plugged into one of my USB ports and PDA in the bootloader screen. I can't put another rom image on my diamond unless I can get access to the storage card. Any suggestions?
Flash using RUU on a windows machine. That's probably the one way to get a working ROM on there. How have you flashed roms before? Did you just put the .nbh on internal storage and flash from the phone?
Old 01-13-2010, 02:07 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond CDMA
Carrier: Cellular South
Threadstarter

icephreaq is a n00b

Yeah I've used both a windows machine and the DIAMIMG.nbh on the internal storage method. Unfortunately both of my current computers are Linux machines. I've tried using Activesync through WINE but to no avail. :-/
Old 01-13-2010, 04:25 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I wonder if it works through VBox?
Old 01-13-2010, 06:15 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/Touch Diamond/BlackBerry Tour 9630

basilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Can you mount the internal drive in Linux? You can use the Diamond like a flash drive in Windows, I would think you can do the same thing in Linux.
Old 01-13-2010, 08:40 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Diamond

meccax5 is a n00b

are you using htcflasher?
Old 01-13-2010, 11:31 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by basilray View Post
Can you mount the internal drive in Linux? You can use the Diamond like a flash drive in Windows, I would think you can do the same thing in Linux.
He's stuck in bootloader if I understand correctly, so no usb-disk drive mode. The only way I see it is to get access to a windows machine and flash a good rom (ie stock).

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond