PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2010, 10:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC DIAMOND
Carrier: TELUS.

4n41o9 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Flashing truama

I tried flashing mighty rom 6, im a telus user and i have an htc diamond.

I unlocked the phone and i installed the hard spl boot loader.

I downloaded mighty rom 6 and extracted the nbh file.

i put it on my diamond, started bootloader, and it is stuck with like a 1 mm left in the meter. it says update in progress but it wont do anything.

i tried the flashing process over again by pressing power+volume down+ and soft reset but it says error.

i cant connect it via wmdc ( im a vista user) so theres no way i can flash a different rom.

Last edited by 4n41o9; 01-05-2010 at 11:14 PM.
Old 01-05-2010, 11:13 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC DIAMOND
Carrier: TELUS.
Threadstarter

4n41o9 is a n00b
Re: FLASHING TRAUMA

i managed to sync again and flashed with the telus shipped rom. Thank god.

im a little traumatized by this whole experience, i dont want to **** up my device cause i bought it off someone and i dont have a warranty.

I want to flash to a rom, but im not sure if it will work or im doing something wrong.

any feed back from fellow telus htc users out there,

thanks
in
advance.
Old 01-05-2010, 11:40 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

O.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: FLASHING TRAUMA

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4n41o9 View Post
i managed to sync again and flashed with the telus shipped rom. Thank god.

im a little traumatized by this whole experience, i dont want to **** up my device cause i bought it off someone and i dont have a warranty.

I want to flash to a rom, but im not sure if it will work or im doing something wrong.

any feed back from fellow telus htc users out there,

thanks
in
advance.
Not a Telus user, but had a very similar first experience with a non-warrantied Diamond I bought off someone on my first flashed rom. PersonallY, I don't recommend flashing with Vista, and IMHO Windows 7 is only a little better. If at all possible try using an XP machine. Next, ensure your USB cable is good and the connection is stable. I was very hesitant to flash another rom, but after that initial harrowing experience it has all been worthwhile. Good luck.
Old 01-05-2010, 11:43 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ
Carrier: Sprint

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Re: Flashing truama

well, once you get the bootloader on there you can just flash via the card.
only the shipped roms do extra stuff if flashed via activesync(wmdc)
Old 01-06-2010, 04:02 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Flashing truama

Vista isn't bad to flash. I do it all the time. Just load up bootloader, let Vista find the drivers after you connect, then just run the RUU.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond