PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2010, 12:52 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid
Re: Which Stable ROM Should I Get?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
I'm surprised no one mentioned my ROM. *pout* The Titanium one is perfect.

No lie, I'd go with either Mr.Obvious titanium ROM or DaReeseBoy 21887 titanium ROM.

Personally I like DRB's rom more because 21887 seems to be a much faster and more stable sys than 21867 (unless you updated your titanium build Mr.O)
Old 01-04-2010, 12:57 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

here's a link to DaReeseBoy 21887 titanium with wm/7, it is very stable, very fast, and the most finger friendly non-6.5.x ROM I think you can get.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AFYDTYGJ

If you decide you want a 6.5 ROM with sense UI, go with the new 21887 OMJ or the new 21887 DaReeseBoy sense 2.5 ROM (both can be found in the cdma diamond upgrades forum)
Old 01-04-2010, 02:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC DIAMOND
Carrier: SPRINT

HEDRICKMS is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
I'm surprised no one mentioned my ROM. *pout* The Titanium one is perfect.
Oh man, I am sorry!

I tried not to forget someone, but I guess with two screaming kids in the background it can happen. I knew this would happen and probably should just keep my mouth shut like I usually do .

Sorry your ROM is awesome and I am currently using it (this week) to play with Titanium.

Thanks for your hard work though and apologize again for missing you in my list
Old 01-04-2010, 04:54 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Haha thanks.
Old 01-05-2010, 03:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: sprint diamond w/ obviously stable rom 7-22
Carrier: sprint

etski is keeping up the good worketski is keeping up the good work

obvious is a good 6.5 rom, but I actually just reloaded one of my old favorite 6.1 roms made as a promo collaboration by two of the best chefs we ever had on the diamond forums. Give it a try! You won't be disappointed.

It's mighty groovy.

http://www.everythingdiamond.info/showthread.php?t=62

Don't forget to hit the thanks button when something helped you!

Old 01-06-2010, 07:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

dreamer3kx is just getting started

Tru XT is great, super stable, he doesnt work on the Diamond anymore but the latest rom is great.
Old 01-08-2010, 10:25 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: diamond
Threadstarter

web1b is a n00b

I haven't found any of these to have everything working so far.
What's super annoying is that they seem stable at first and I don't notice the problems until I have spent a lot of time configuring all my email accounts and podcast feeds into RSS Hub. This is really tedious to do over and over after reloading a new ROM because the keyboards are so awkward for typing in things like passwords and for typing into fields in the lower half of the screen that get obscured by the on screen keyboard.

I tried the Titanium build and loved the way it looked, but within less than 24 hours, the Internet link to Opera on the sliding panel on the home screen started crashing with an error about "OperaL" possibly using an untrusted certificate and needing to be reinstalled. I could launch Opera if I browsed to it manually, so the browser itself was fine. I didn't even install any additional applications yet.
I then reloaded the phone last night with the Groovy ROM and it seemed like everything was working, so I set up all my email accounts and podcast feeds again. This morning I noticed I forgot to add a city for the weather. I see that you can't manually type in a city or zip code, but have to select the state and then scroll to the city. This would be fine except that I can only access the first parts of each letter's city list. If I try to scroll or flick to a city deeper in the list of cities, it keeps coming back to the top again. I tried this with both my finger and with the stylus.

Is there a workaround for the weather city entry? This is so frustrating. If I can get around this problem and this is the only problem with it, I think I'll just keep this one so I don't have to keep setting up my email and podcasts manually if I try a different ROM again.
Old 01-08-2010, 11:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond soon to be Evo :)
Carrier: Sprint

lucario07 is keeping up the good worklucario07 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by web1b View Post
I haven't found any of these to have everything working so far.
What's super annoying is that they seem stable at first and I don't notice the problems until I have spent a lot of time configuring all my email accounts and podcast feeds into RSS Hub. This is really tedious to do over and over after reloading a new ROM because the keyboards are so awkward for typing in things like passwords and for typing into fields in the lower half of the screen that get obscured by the on screen keyboard.

I tried the Titanium build and loved the way it looked, but within less than 24 hours, the Internet link to Opera on the sliding panel on the home screen started crashing with an error about "OperaL" possibly using an untrusted certificate and needing to be reinstalled. I could launch Opera if I browsed to it manually, so the browser itself was fine. I didn't even install any additional applications yet.
I then reloaded the phone last night with the Groovy ROM and it seemed like everything was working, so I set up all my email accounts and podcast feeds again. This morning I noticed I forgot to add a city for the weather. I see that you can't manually type in a city or zip code, but have to select the state and then scroll to the city. This would be fine except that I can only access the first parts of each letter's city list. If I try to scroll or flick to a city deeper in the list of cities, it keeps coming back to the top again. I tried this with both my finger and with the stylus.

Is there a workaround for the weather city entry? This is so frustrating. If I can get around this problem and this is the only problem with it, I think I'll just keep this one so I don't have to keep setting up my email and podcasts manually if I try a different ROM again.
First of all are you doing the flash dance, where you flash to shipped rom and then you flash to a custom rom.
Old 01-09-2010, 12:18 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: diamond
Threadstarter

web1b is a n00b

Yes, I flash it back to the Sprint ROM first.
Old 01-09-2010, 12:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC DIAMOND
Carrier: SPRINT

HEDRICKMS is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by web1b View Post
Yes, I flash it back to the Sprint ROM first.
Wow, I am surprised you are having so many issues with these ROMs especially the ones you said you tried. All very excellent stable ROMs. Your issues are strange especially if you flashed back to Stock (Manufacture) Sprint ROM first. I have to say that I have never experienced any of the issues you are experiencing with these ROMs. After you flashed Stock and to new ROM did you do a clear storage?

Have you ever reformated the Internal Storage? I know that at one point I was having strange issues and after I flashed stock cleared all storage then flashed custom ROM everything was fine. You may want to try that but not really sure if it will help.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond