PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2010, 09:54 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Focus - WP7
Carrier: Rogers

Hellcey is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Vibrate no longer works

My vibrate function has stopped working even at initial start up, hardware or software? any ideas?

OMJ rom
Old 01-01-2010, 10:26 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Vibrate no longer works

Try a Soft Reset if you haven't already.
This is a Known Issue regarding failing Vibrate Motors.. Covered under WARRANTY. If you are still covered under the Manufacturer's Warranty, Sprint will honor it and give you a replacement. If not, and you have TEP, you are covered. If the answer is NO to any of the above, you can call HTC to see if they can help. First, I would appeal to Sprint and see what they can do for you.
If all of the above fails, you may be able to replace the Motor. See my Signature below for the Link to information regarding Repairs.
And a few registry tweaks
HTC DIAMOND DISASSEMBLY/ASSEMBLY/PARTS/REPAIR HELP HERE >

"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security"
-Ben Franklin

Last edited by Biker1; 01-01-2010 at 10:29 PM.
Old 01-01-2010, 10:46 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Hellcey is a n00b

i think i'm still within the 1 year manufacturer warranty, i do have the phone unlocked with omj rom, will this be an issue?
Old 01-01-2010, 10:59 PM
VIP Member

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Most likely Not, BUT Flash back to original ROM to be sure. You will also be receiving a Replacement anyway, so you may as well Flash back to the Stock ROM, as you will not be using that Diamond anymore after they exchange it. Back Up your Contacts and any other info you want to save.
Old 01-01-2010, 11:09 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Hellcey is a n00b

I am with MTS in mb canada, are you sure i'll get a complete replacement?? if so that would be sweet!
Old 01-01-2010, 11:18 PM
VIP Member

I know Sprint in the USA honors HTC's Warranty which saves the time of shipping and receiving a Diamond from HTC.
Speak with your Carrier and see if they have the same policy. If not, try to encourage them to help You.
If the above fails, contact HTC and they will give you an RA# and will repair or exchange the Diamond for you.
It goes without saying to call HTC first and explain the issue to them. I wouldn't tell them that you Flashed a ROM as you don't want to give them an excuse to not replace/repair your Diamond.
Good Luck and keep me informed.
If I can be of further service, don't hesitate to ask, and I will help you out if I can

Last edited by Biker1; 01-01-2010 at 11:21 PM. Reason: typos :(
Old 01-01-2010, 11:23 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Hellcey is a n00b

thanks for your help, i will try tomorrow.
Old 01-01-2010, 11:26 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellcey View Post
thanks for your help, i will try tomorrow.
Good Luck
Let me know what happens.
Old 01-02-2010, 08:56 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

did u try to flash back to stock to see if the problem still exists? I had some recent roms that had a ringer/vibrate issue, but has been fixed. If it is a hardware issue, you'll want to flash to stock anyways.

which rom did u flash?
Old 01-02-2010, 11:55 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

Hellcey is a n00b

hey omj! love your rom!, i did flash back to factory, same issue, definetly hardware. it had worked until yesterday then just stopped.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond