PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Vibrate no longer works (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=104241)

Hellcey 01-01-2010 09:54 PM

Vibrate no longer works

My vibrate function has stopped working even at initial start up, hardware or software? any ideas?

OMJ rom

Biker1 01-01-2010 10:26 PM

Re: Vibrate no longer works

Try a Soft Reset if you haven't already.
This is a Known Issue regarding failing Vibrate Motors.. Covered under WARRANTY. If you are still covered under the Manufacturer's Warranty, Sprint will honor it and give you a replacement. If not, and you have TEP, you are covered. If the answer is NO to any of the above, you can call HTC to see if they can help. First, I would appeal to Sprint and see what they can do for you.
If all of the above fails, you may be able to replace the Motor. See my Signature below for the Link to information regarding Repairs.

Hellcey 01-01-2010 10:46 PM

i think i'm still within the 1 year manufacturer warranty, i do have the phone unlocked with omj rom, will this be an issue?

Biker1 01-01-2010 10:59 PM

Most likely Not, BUT Flash back to original ROM to be sure. You will also be receiving a Replacement anyway, so you may as well Flash back to the Stock ROM, as you will not be using that Diamond anymore after they exchange it. Back Up your Contacts and any other info you want to save.

Hellcey 01-01-2010 11:09 PM

I am with MTS in mb canada, are you sure i'll get a complete replacement?? if so that would be sweet!

Biker1 01-01-2010 11:18 PM

I know Sprint in the USA honors HTC's Warranty which saves the time of shipping and receiving a Diamond from HTC.
Speak with your Carrier and see if they have the same policy. If not, try to encourage them to help You.
If the above fails, contact HTC and they will give you an RA# and will repair or exchange the Diamond for you.
It goes without saying to call HTC first and explain the issue to them. I wouldn't tell them that you Flashed a ROM as you don't want to give them an excuse to not replace/repair your Diamond.
Good Luck :) and keep me informed.
If I can be of further service, don't hesitate to ask, and I will help you out if I can :)

Hellcey 01-01-2010 11:23 PM

thanks for your help, i will try tomorrow.

Biker1 01-01-2010 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hellcey (Post 1454470)
thanks for your help, i will try tomorrow.

Good Luck :)
Let me know what happens.

OMJ 01-02-2010 08:56 AM

did u try to flash back to stock to see if the problem still exists? I had some recent roms that had a ringer/vibrate issue, but has been fixed. If it is a hardware issue, you'll want to flash to stock anyways.

which rom did u flash?

Hellcey 01-02-2010 11:55 AM

hey omj! love your rom!, i did flash back to factory, same issue, definetly hardware. it had worked until yesterday then just stopped.