PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2010, 04:23 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot
Pocket PC: Hero
Carrier: Sprint

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Thinking of coming back -Hero to Diamond

Well I dont want to butt in but i just have one comment to make and i will leave everyone alone. I bought a Hero about a week ago and i have not had a negative yet. I guess im just not an extremely picky person because i havent seen a dust issue or heard about it, email isnt a huge factor for me i guess because i use gmail, and my calendar widget works just fine. I guess all of the other outstanding features and games have me smitten. I can play my internet radio while my game is going, a seperate volume function called media volume allows me to keep my music and games turned up while i have my phone on silent, i can go in and edit contacts to be automatically sent to voicemail so i dont have to deal with a psychotic ex constantly calling me, a program that allows me to download music to my phone for free, email browsing with smooth scrolling, hell... I even went to dominos pizza the other day and the UI was just so much simpler to use and just plain looks great. Dont forget, I can put whatever i want on any screen as i please. I could keep going but i have already broken my promise to say just one thing. I enjoyed my experience with the diamond but i see so much potential with the android phones that i just dont see any reason to move elsewhere.

Thats how sweet the signal is in my office!!
Old 01-03-2010, 05:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: CDMA Diamond
Threadstarter

Sailrace is keeping up the good workSailrace is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbussen View Post
Well I dont want to butt in but i just have one comment to make and i will leave everyone alone. I bought a Hero about a week ago and i have not had a negative yet. I guess im just not an extremely picky person because i havent seen a dust issue or heard about it, email isnt a huge factor for me i guess because i use gmail, and my calendar widget works just fine. I guess all of the other outstanding features and games have me smitten. I can play my internet radio while my game is going, a seperate volume function called media volume allows me to keep my music and games turned up while i have my phone on silent, i can go in and edit contacts to be automatically sent to voicemail so i dont have to deal with a psychotic ex constantly calling me, a program that allows me to download music to my phone for free, email browsing with smooth scrolling, hell... I even went to dominos pizza the other day and the UI was just so much simpler to use and just plain looks great. Dont forget, I can put whatever i want on any screen as i please. I could keep going but i have already broken my promise to say just one thing. I enjoyed my experience with the diamond but i see so much potential with the android phones that i just dont see any reason to move elsewhere.
Kbussen, i've seen you around the diamond forums a lot, in Calk's threads and others. And i think your opinion and assessment of Android is a very good one. i should be clear about this - i loved android, and i think android is probably the future for me, but the Hero just isn't quite there yet. Like i said, when 2.1 update comes out, i might switch back. Certainly if they get the dust issue figured out, i'll look more closely, but a $200 device should have build issues like that. I'm glad you don't have the issue, but i would caution you to keep an eye out for it. Lot's of people have it.

i'm glad you found a phone that suits your needs, but for me, the Hero isn't quite there. I'm hoping that soon, i'll be able to change my mind on that one.
Old 01-04-2010, 09:39 AM
SIR Flash-a-lot
Pocket PC: Hero

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailrace View Post
Kbussen, i've seen you around the diamond forums a lot, in Calk's threads and others. And i think your opinion and assessment of Android is a very good one. i should be clear about this - i loved android, and i think android is probably the future for me, but the Hero just isn't quite there yet. Like i said, when 2.1 update comes out, i might switch back. Certainly if they get the dust issue figured out, i'll look more closely, but a $200 device should have build issues like that. I'm glad you don't have the issue, but i would caution you to keep an eye out for it. Lot's of people have it.

i'm glad you found a phone that suits your needs, but for me, the Hero isn't quite there. I'm hoping that soon, i'll be able to change my mind on that one.
I respect your opinion. I guess im just optimistic. I know that I had to replace my diamond approx 5 times due to just plain bad design, ie.. my screen turned multi colored, the hard keys werent flush with the face, my usb went out, and a number of just internal issues. I guess what im saying is that all smart phones have there flaws. Ill give it more time and see if the dust issue appears. You have assisted me before in the past, so thanks is thrown at you. Have a good one.
Old 01-04-2010, 06:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc evo 4g
Carrier: sprint

toenail is keeping up the good worktoenail is keeping up the good work

dude i think the hero is awesome.. just set it up with your gmail acct and everything is gravy.. add contact to ur phone and its automatically added to ur gmail acct.. i can see how it may not be as awesome not using gmail but if you do its freakin great

Old 01-04-2010, 09:20 PM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
tell us how you feel omj? lol palm pixi maybe? lol

uh....i left the diamond for the pixi and i love it, best phone out there IMO and very customizable and easy to use. bashing a phone because of it's name is childish.

btw to prove how great the pixi looks after i theme it...... http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=71025&page=10
Old 01-04-2010, 11:41 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I hate how the keys on the Pixi are the size of a grain of sand. That's the main thing I don't like about it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond