PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2009, 02:21 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2, My HTC Vogue is alive again!
Carrier: MetroPCS

billion is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Forgive me, I'm confused

Maybe I'm screwed, maybe I'm not.

I just bought a verizon diamond on ebay, so if it is my intention to use this on Metropcs, I should be ok? The only concern/drawback would be to Unlock the phone so that I can upload a custom rom? Right? I figured Verizon would be ok because that phone allows me to use my SD cards. But from what I'm reading, I can forget a custom rom until someone mercifully provides and unlock for this particular phone, but I can still use it on Metropcs.

Thanks

PS

I had an Alltel HTC 6900 and was able to use metropcs on it, but tragically a Sprite accident killed my beloved phone.

Happy New Year!

Sorry about the confusion
Old 12-28-2009, 02:25 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: touch pro, tp2, epic, evo x2
Carrier: D/\SH_SPEED

D/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Forgive me, I'm confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by billion View Post

Maybe I'm screwed, maybe I'm not.

I just bought a verizon diamond on ebay, so if it is my intention to use this on Metropcs, I should be ok? The only concern/drawback would be to Unlock the phone so that I can upload a custom rom? Right? I figured Verizon would be ok because that phone allows me to use my SD cards. But from what I'm reading, I can forget a custom rom until someone mercifully provides and unlock for this particular phone, but I can still use it on Metropcs.

Thanks

PS

I had an Alltel HTC 6900 and was able to use metropcs on it, but tragically a Sprite accident killed my beloved phone.

Happy New Year!

Sorry about the confusion

what do you mean? theres an hardspl unlocker for the diamond.... go to the diamond forums and you will be able to find it. you can flash to a custom rom and than you can take a look ast this thread for how to get yourself set up.

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1466303
Old 12-28-2009, 02:56 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2, My HTC Vogue is alive again!
Carrier: MetroPCS
Threadstarter

billion is a n00b
Re: Forgive me, I'm confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post
what do you mean? theres an hardspl unlocker for the diamond.... go to the diamond forums and you will be able to find it. you can flash to a custom rom and than you can take a look ast this thread for how to get yourself set up.

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1466303
Ok, I think I'm looking at this backwards, thank you so much for clarifying. It's late and my brain might be cooked. But since I'm flashing the phone to metropcs, the verizon diamond will work with Metropcs. I just saw in another thread that all other carriers phones would work for that particular ROM except Verizon. And then I saw this thread that made me panic that i couldn't get this phone to work on METROPCS: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=554638. But now, if I'm understanding you correctly, my limitation would potentially be my ability to install certain custom roms in a VERIZON diamond.

Thanks again

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond