PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2009, 02:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

jaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thumbs up Arcsoft MMS 5.0.82.79 From Sprint With Threading MMS

Here is Arcsoft MMS 5.0.82.79. This Version ported from Sprint's Treo PRO. Works on the Diamond and Touch Pro. This version does threaded Picturemails too!!!! It has all the server settings that the sprint servers expect. The servers will think your phone is a Treo, but that makes no diff I also added the nice icons from gadgetfreak (Here is the Thread)*

Special thanks to MrHawaii For the files, and Reg entries This wouldn't of happened without his help

This will work on the Stock Rom too. It might work with ROMs that have Picturemail cooked in them.

Here are the Steps:

1. If you Have a version of Arcsoft MMS installed, Uninstall it. Also, Go to Settings, System, Text Messaging. Then make sure "Text message layout" is set to Threaded.

2. Run the Remove PictureMail & Arcsoft.cab to remove Sprints PictureMail or Remove Arcsoft registry entries. This is not Req on a clean ROM. It is REQ for a stock ROM. You might want to Soft Reset after this. I would like thank KillerQ. He inspired me to make the code that uninstalls Sprint Picturemail.
Note: If you have to run this again, it will try to uninstall this, and fail, then install it again. That is normal and don't worry about it

3. Install Sprint Arcsoft MMS 5.0.82.79.cab and Soft Reset. Then you should be done...
Note: On forst soft reset, your phone might be unresponcive for 10-20 seconds. That is normal, and it will boot up fine after that

The default is 512k sending limit, and 10 meg d/l limit. I removed the limit for editing the server setting. Now you can edit the sprint server, and change the limit there in the app without having to do any regedits. You can select 512k (For compatibility with other carriers), 1 meg, and 5 meg.

* If you don't like the Fancy Notification icons, you can install this Arcsoft Generic Icons-new.cab, and it will make them generic, like the stock ROM.

Update 1 - Replaced the generic Notification icons... They arent VGA, so it isn't as pretty, but it will allow you to recieve pics since there were complants that the other one broke it. this is the file that came with this version of arcsoft.

Update 2 - After installing on my friends stock diamond, I found out that Text Messages need to be in threaded mode to install Arcsoft.

Last edited by jaminmc; 03-28-2009 at 01:37 PM.
This post has been thanked 26 times.
Old 03-21-2009, 01:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Diamond

dave56 is a n00b
Re: Arcsoft MMS 5.0.82.79 From Sprint With Threading MMS

anyone having trouble receiving MMS after install the generic icons?? i know that it shouldn't matter, but it's not working for me...
Old 03-21-2009, 02:13 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

rjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuff

Is there a way to fix the phone reporting as a differnet model issue?
Old 03-21-2009, 02:22 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

rjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuff

Thanks has anyone noticed if this has the same issues as 74 i think it is. With the battery drain and threaded mode not running right

Not sure about battery drain but if you do not install this cab when you try using MARK ALL OR DELETE all it will bring you to account options

Here is the cab to get MARK ALL AND DELETE ALL to work install this after arcsoft

InboxExtender(2).CAB.zip

Here is the key that needs to be adjusted to report the right phone model I am still looking for that exact info for the diamond and TP if anyone knows please report
hklm\software\arcsoft\arcsoft mms ua\Config\mm1\wspheader\x-wap-profile

Last edited by rjmjr69; 03-21-2009 at 03:15 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-21-2009, 09:03 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One

chino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to chino331 Send a message via Skype™ to chino331

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave56 View Post
anyone having trouble receiving MMS after install the generic icons?? i know that it shouldn't matter, but it's not working for me...
I had that exact same problem - I wasn't receiving MMS when I installed the generic icons cab. I made a comment in the previous "SPRINT Arcsoft MMS 5.0.70.24. Threading MMS works!" thread but it was overlooked.

(http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...=59412&page=21 - post #209)

Last edited by chino331; 03-21-2009 at 09:40 AM.
Old 03-21-2009, 10:24 AM
No Mo' WinMo :(
Pocket PC: Nexus 7 / Galaxy Note 3 / Droid Ultra
Carrier: Verizon

MrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjmjr69 View Post
Thanks has anyone noticed if this has the same issues as 74 i think it is. With the battery drain and threaded mode not running right

Not sure about battery drain but if you do not install this cab when you try using MARK ALL OR DELETE all it will bring you to account options

Here is the cab to get MARK ALL AND DELETE ALL to work install this after arcsoft

Attachment 26848

Here is the key that needs to be adjusted to report the right phone model I am still looking for that exact info for the diamond and TP if anyone knows please report
hklm\software\arcsoft\arcsoft mms ua\Config\mm1\wspheader\x-wap-profile
I believe this is the info you are looking for. However, I am unsure if and how it will help/hurt anything. I would at least save the previous entries to a word or text document in the case that you need to revert to them. Best of luck.

USER-AGENT
Diamond
Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP

Touch Pro
Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint PPC6850SP

X-WAP-PROFILE
Diamond
http://device.sprintpcs.com/HTC/MP6950SP/1096515.rdf

Touch PRO
http://device.sprintpcs.com/HTC/PPC6850SP/1036513.rdf

Last edited by MrHawaii; 03-21-2009 at 04:06 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 03-21-2009, 04:08 PM
No Mo' WinMo :(
Pocket PC: Nexus 7 / Galaxy Note 3 / Droid Ultra
Carrier: Verizon

MrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIP

I seem to be receiving picture messages quicker when changing these registry items. But it may be just because when I was sending/receiving messages prior to this the server was slower. If anyone tries this can you please report if it helps/hurts or not. Thanks.
Old 03-23-2009, 12:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

jaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave56 View Post
I made a diff Generic icons cab. It works for my phone.... Get it here Arcsoft Generic Icons-new.cab
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-23-2009, 12:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHawaii View Post
I seem to be receiving picture messages quicker when changing these registry items. But it may be just because when I was sending/receiving messages prior to this the server was slower. If anyone tries this can you please report if it helps/hurts or not. Thanks.
Those settings seem to work fine. It shouldn't make any difference for the sprint servers though. The only reason that the Treo ones might work better is that they fully expect that phone to use arcsoft... I don't know if on the server side that arcsoft interacts any different than the Picturemail app. But if it does, the the Treo user agent could be better... That is all in Theory... In practice on my phone, they seem to preform the same. I am leaving it to match the Touch pro, because it is working and I don't feel like putting it back.

Last edited by jaminmc; 03-23-2009 at 12:50 AM.
Old 03-24-2009, 05:26 PM
The Playboy Boy
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

Curb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuff

love it! finally a pic mail app that works. its threaded with the text messages instead of being a email tab. and I can send audio. I tried the powerdeck one, someguy smms one and they worked once in a while. this one is fast and works perfect on mighty 4.7 and they generic icons tab makes it fit in perfectly to keep the black/white look.

anyone looking for more info on this dont forget to check out this thread on the touch pro forums as it has about 12 pages of info instead of 1.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond