PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2009, 10:35 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid
If I sell my diamond

If I sell my diamond to someone via craigslist can they walk into a sprint store and activate it if its unlocked with a 21882 sense 2.5 rom on it or well the reps by like "wtf is this hideous freak of nature" and tell him they can't do it or give 'em crap about it?

Should I sell it and tell the person to activate it via phone (can they do that, I've only had phones activated in store)

I feel like I can get more $ for it if it's all pimptified with 6.5 sense 2.5 on it.
Old 12-17-2009, 11:08 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/Touch Diamond/BlackBerry Tour 9630
Carrier: Sprint

basilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: If I sell my diamond

Depends on what kind of a Sprint rep you get.

Here's your options as I see 'em:

1. The Best Option - Activate the phone online! Doesn't require anything more than about 5 minutes of time to fully complete.
2. Over the Phone - May be tricky - they will want you to use ## Codes which may not be fully supported for what they want you to do to activate the phone
3. In the store - Depending on what rep you get they may or may not bust your balls. BUT, this will also rely on ## Codes that may or may not work the way the rep expects.

Overall, your best bet by far is to do it online, making sure that you have the Sprint Update Profile/PRL options installed on whatever ROM you're using. This will help avoid problems, because once it's activated, you should be able to use them and get everything running.

Having accidentally unactivated my phone by messing with ROM's and having activated a number of refurbs online, I'll be the first to tell you it's the way to go!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-17-2009, 11:10 AM
Threadstarter

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by basilray View Post
Depends on what kind of a Sprint rep you get.

Here's your options as I see 'em:

1. The Best Option - Activate the phone online! Doesn't require anything more than about 5 minutes of time to fully complete.
2. Over the Phone - May be tricky - they will want you to use ## Codes which may not be fully supported for what they want you to do to activate the phone
3. In the store - Depending on what rep you get they may or may not bust your balls. BUT, this will also rely on ## Codes that may or may not work the way the rep expects.

Overall, your best bet by far is to do it online, making sure that you have the Sprint Update Profile/PRL options installed on whatever ROM you're using. This will help avoid problems, because once it's activated, you should be able to use them and get everything running.

Having accidentally unactivated my phone by messing with ROM's and having activated a number of refurbs online, I'll be the first to tell you it's the way to go!

good call coach,

how do I ensure I have the Sprint Update Profile/PRL options installed on my ROM?
Old 12-17-2009, 11:14 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

i would do it online, but you can also go to a store. the reps only look at the esn. they don't care about the rom.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-17-2009, 11:15 AM
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.8820 View Post
i would do it online, but you can also go to a store. the reps only look at the esn. they don't care about the rom.
yeah but do they just plug the phone into something or look at the ESN by going thru the phone's settings, because it will be pretty glaring that the 6.1 they're used to on diamonds isn't there, and Sprint doesn't sell any devices with 6.5...
Old 12-17-2009, 11:20 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

if all you're doing is an esn swap, they remove the battery and scan the barcode there. but you can do that online.
Old 12-17-2009, 11:22 AM
Threadstarter

Quote:
if all you're doing is an esn swap, they remove the battery and scan the barcode there. but you can do that online.

makes sense,

so short story = rom doesn't matter.

thinking about selling my diamond for 150-200 and grabbing a pro2 for about 300, which should hold me over till either tmobil or sprint get an HD2.
Old 12-17-2009, 01:40 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

basilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuff

Quote:
I've had it where they use the one-time programming and try to make sure the device is setup and ready to go. In that event, a phone w/ 6.5 might cause some eyebrows to raise.

@Orange: I attached the Sprint Update Profile cab. Just install it to the device and soft reset. It should then show up as normal.

Last edited by basilray; 05-24-2012 at 11:39 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 12-17-2009, 01:53 PM
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by basilray View Post
I've had it where they use the one-time programming and try to make sure the device is setup and ready to go. In that event, a phone w/ 6.5 might cause some eyebrows to raise.

@Orange: I attached the Sprint Update Profile cab. Just install it to the device and soft reset. It should then show up as normal.

thanks, guess I can install the update profile even if Im not going to sell it just to have it on there for when I do as it wont change anything noticeable to me.
Old 12-17-2009, 03:18 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
thanks, guess I can install the update profile even if Im not going to sell it just to have it on there for when I do as it wont change anything noticeable to me.
I generally have it in my Sashimi \Auto\ folder. Nice to just have it off the bat.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond