PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   If I sell my diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=102109)

orangekid 12-17-2009 10:35 AM

If I sell my diamond

If I sell my diamond to someone via craigslist can they walk into a sprint store and activate it if its unlocked with a 21882 sense 2.5 rom on it or well the reps by like "wtf is this hideous freak of nature" and tell him they can't do it or give 'em crap about it?

Should I sell it and tell the person to activate it via phone (can they do that, I've only had phones activated in store)

I feel like I can get more $ for it if it's all pimptified with 6.5 sense 2.5 on it.

basilray 12-17-2009 11:08 AM

Re: If I sell my diamond

Depends on what kind of a Sprint rep you get.

Here's your options as I see 'em:

1. The Best Option - Activate the phone online! Doesn't require anything more than about 5 minutes of time to fully complete.
2. Over the Phone - May be tricky - they will want you to use ## Codes which may not be fully supported for what they want you to do to activate the phone
3. In the store - Depending on what rep you get they may or may not bust your balls. BUT, this will also rely on ## Codes that may or may not work the way the rep expects.

Overall, your best bet by far is to do it online, making sure that you have the Sprint Update Profile/PRL options installed on whatever ROM you're using. This will help avoid problems, because once it's activated, you should be able to use them and get everything running.

Having accidentally unactivated my phone by messing with ROM's and having activated a number of refurbs online, I'll be the first to tell you it's the way to go!

orangekid 12-17-2009 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by basilray (Post 1420253)
Depends on what kind of a Sprint rep you get.

Here's your options as I see 'em:

1. The Best Option - Activate the phone online! Doesn't require anything more than about 5 minutes of time to fully complete.
2. Over the Phone - May be tricky - they will want you to use ## Codes which may not be fully supported for what they want you to do to activate the phone
3. In the store - Depending on what rep you get they may or may not bust your balls. BUT, this will also rely on ## Codes that may or may not work the way the rep expects.

Overall, your best bet by far is to do it online, making sure that you have the Sprint Update Profile/PRL options installed on whatever ROM you're using. This will help avoid problems, because once it's activated, you should be able to use them and get everything running.

Having accidentally unactivated my phone by messing with ROM's and having activated a number of refurbs online, I'll be the first to tell you it's the way to go!

good call coach,

how do I ensure I have the Sprint Update Profile/PRL options installed on my ROM?

Dr.8820 12-17-2009 11:14 AM

i would do it online, but you can also go to a store. the reps only look at the esn. they don't care about the rom.

orangekid 12-17-2009 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.8820 (Post 1420266)
i would do it online, but you can also go to a store. the reps only look at the esn. they don't care about the rom.

yeah but do they just plug the phone into something or look at the ESN by going thru the phone's settings, because it will be pretty glaring that the 6.1 they're used to on diamonds isn't there, and Sprint doesn't sell any devices with 6.5...

Dr.8820 12-17-2009 11:20 AM

if all you're doing is an esn swap, they remove the battery and scan the barcode there. but you can do that online.

orangekid 12-17-2009 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.8820 (Post 1420284)
if all you're doing is an esn swap, they remove the battery and scan the barcode there. but you can do that online.

makes sense,

so short story = rom doesn't matter.

thinking about selling my diamond for 150-200 and grabbing a pro2 for about 300, which should hold me over till either tmobil or sprint get an HD2.

basilray 12-17-2009 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.8820 (Post 1420284)

I've had it where they use the one-time programming and try to make sure the device is setup and ready to go. In that event, a phone w/ 6.5 might cause some eyebrows to raise.

@Orange: I attached the Sprint Update Profile cab. Just install it to the device and soft reset. It should then show up as normal.

orangekid 12-17-2009 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by basilray (Post 1420604)
I've had it where they use the one-time programming and try to make sure the device is setup and ready to go. In that event, a phone w/ 6.5 might cause some eyebrows to raise.

@Orange: I attached the Sprint Update Profile cab. Just install it to the device and soft reset. It should then show up as normal.

thanks, guess I can install the update profile even if Im not going to sell it just to have it on there for when I do as it wont change anything noticeable to me.

basilray 12-17-2009 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orangekid (Post 1420635)
thanks, guess I can install the update profile even if Im not going to sell it just to have it on there for when I do as it wont change anything noticeable to me.

I generally have it in my Sashimi \Auto\ folder. Nice to just have it off the bat.