PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2009, 09:11 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

snoozii is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Phone freezing + other annoying problems

Hey everyone,

I have a problem with my touch diamond.. I was wondering if this is software or hardware related and if there are any fixes, as I can't really find the same problem on the forum after looking.

Note: This started happening when the device was unlocked with cmonex's unlocker, but I have since relocked it to see if it would be better but it hasn't.

The phone basically starts out sometimes freezing on the boot screen, either that or it takes about 6-10 minutes to load, sometimes even more. This is with the stock(shipped) rom too.. And if I get it to load, if the screen turns off at all, I can't turn it back on and the phone just sits there dead with me needing to pull out the battery and wait at least 15 seconds before putting it back in or else it wont even start!

This happened pretty randomly, sometimes I would need to pull the battery out 4-5 times to get it to boot right, sometimes I would be able to get it to boot after 1 time.

I had used it with mightyrom and it seemed to make the problem better

I have tried hard reset about 4x on the stock(shipped) rom before flashing to mightyrom and 3x after flashing to mightyrom.

Also I can't seem to flash roms from internal storage anymore. It just doesn't detect that there are any roms present. - After this happened, all my other problems started happening.

Did anyone else come into these problems before or know a fix to any of them?

For now I'm going to keep trying anything I can and hope the problem doesn't get worse. I hope it's just a bad download of the rom but I doubt it.

Thanks in advance everyone!
Old 12-19-2009, 01:07 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Phone freezing + other annoying problems

Hmm odd. Try relocking, clearing your Internal Storage and main memory, reflashing shipped, hard resetting again, unlocking, and then go on to your custom ROM. That is extensive but should get it.
Old 12-19-2009, 01:31 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

snoozii is a n00b
Re: Phone freezing + other annoying problems

Well, I hoped for the best but it got worse. When I normally boot, I don't even see the touch diamond screen anymore, nor the little red letters on the bottom left hand corner. Just a black screen. I can still get into bootloader, but when I try to unlock it or flash any other stock rom into it, its stuck at 0% and I get an error message.

I guess this is it huh? This is the end for my phone

Edit:

Hm weird, it booted onto win mo again after trying my 8th time, but after user customization runs it wont boot again. I wonder what is causing all this inconsistency? Either way I am still stuck at 0% with the bootloader thing.

Last edited by snoozii; 12-19-2009 at 01:46 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond