PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2009, 10:31 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid
xt garmin ghost

I saw some posts talking about the illness of garmin xt, so decided to download a cab I got from google and install it, when it wouldn't work right I checked around and saw I was supposed to PAY for the software, I'd been had by the evil piracy gods, so I uninstalled the software faster than a 2010 mustang cobra shebly gt500 and was in the process of reflashing anyways, so I flash stock then flash OMJ 21882 sense 2.5 and it asks me if i want to install garmin xt? But OMJ didn't put that stuff in his ROM on december 4th, so I dont get how it knows I had that installed after 2 flashes. I found a garmin xt folder on my internal, and deleted that, seems now it has stopped asking me if I want to install that stuff, but that was still weird, anyone know what that was about?

also, any of you really pay like $100 for that software? that's insane, I could get a bb3380 or put in another benjamin and get a hero or something, why would anyone spend $100 on mobile gps software when you can get turn-by-turn with other free programs?
Old 12-16-2009, 10:39 AM
SIR Flash-a-lot
Pocket PC: Hero
Carrier: Sprint

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: xt garmin ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
also, any of you really pay like $100 for that software? that's insane, I could get a bb3380 or put in another benjamin and get a hero or something, why would anyone spend $100 on mobile gps software when you can get turn-by-turn with other free programs?
Cause its pretty.

Thats how sweet the signal is in my office!!
Old 12-16-2009, 10:42 AM
Threadstarter

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbussen View Post
Cause its pretty.

nice.
Old 12-16-2009, 10:48 AM
SIR Flash-a-lot

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
nice.
Lol. I use TomTom. I read a report recently where someone compared IGO8, tomtom, and garmin xt. TomTom just out performed Garmin by just a little bit.
Old 12-16-2009, 10:51 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
I found a garmin xt folder on my internal, and deleted that, seems now it has stopped asking me if I want to install that stuff, but that was still weird, anyone know what that was about?
It's just how the programs works. It places auto-run files inside /internal storage/2577 directory (you can delete this and it won't prompt to install anymore). These will run after you flash a new rom to install garmin again. Many of the garmin files are stored on the internal storage since you'd be hard-pressed to get the map files on main memory.
Old 12-16-2009, 10:52 AM
Threadstarter

Quote:
Lol. I use TomTom. I read a report recently where someone compared IGO8, tomtom, and garmin xt. TomTom just out performed Garmin by just a little bit.

how much did you pay for tomtom? and how is tomtom better than lets say google maps navigation or amaze gps or whatever, i mean I just like voice turn by turn, I can't be trying to look at my 2.8" diamond screen while driving in Houston traffic lest I end up dead.
Old 12-16-2009, 10:55 AM
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalt2 View Post
It's just how the programs works. It places auto-run files inside /internal storage/2577 directory (you can delete this and it won't prompt to install anymore). These will run after you flash a new rom to install garmin again. Many of the garmin files are stored on the internal storage since you'd be hard-pressed to get the map files on main memory.
so that 2577 folder is like an autorun after a fresh flash?
Old 12-16-2009, 11:24 AM
SIR Flash-a-lot

Quote:
how much did you pay for tomtom? and how is tomtom better than lets say google maps navigation or amaze gps or whatever, i mean I just like voice turn by turn, I can't be trying to look at my 2.8" diamond screen while driving in Houston traffic lest I end up dead.
I cant remember how much i paid at this point, i have had it for a couple of years. Its great for turn by turn. Graphics are nice. The only problem i have found with current GPS programs is that they dont update roads very often. I do know that the newer TomTom has mapshare, I havent personally used but just judging by the name, im assuming it allows people to make correction to certain maps and share them with the tomtom community.
Old 12-16-2009, 11:27 AM
Threadstarter

Quote:
I cant remember how much i paid at this point, i have had it for a couple of years. Its great for turn by turn. Graphics are nice. The only problem i have found with current GPS programs is that they dont update roads very often. I do know that the newer TomTom has mapshare, I havent personally used but just judging by the name, im assuming it allows people to make correction to certain maps and share them with the tomtom community.

so doesn't that mean that googlemaps navigation is actually better because you have to DL the map every time you log on (not saved on your phone) and it would be updated more often? (of course they don't have that on wm yet)
Old 12-16-2009, 11:31 AM
SIR Flash-a-lot

Quote:
so doesn't that mean that googlemaps navigation is actually better because you have to DL the map every time you log on (not saved on your phone) and it would be updated more often? (of course they don't have that on wm yet)
Google navigation looks promising. But yes, if google navigation updates everytime you log on, it will be sweet!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond