PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2009, 04:09 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile
Threadstarter

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid
Re: xt garmin ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbussen View Post
Yeah if you have unlimited data, its free. I didnt like it graphically though. It wasnt very pretty. Lol.

Damn, im stuck in my works parking lot, will one of you guys with Garmin help me get out, my stupid tomtom wont help me.
well im not forking $100 for a gps program, so its either amaze or sprint navigation because I want my GPS talking to me,
Old 12-17-2009, 09:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc mogul
Carrier: boost

georgepa is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
kinda funny to picture some dude sittin in his car goin "damn where am I? lets check out the GPS. holy salmon! I'm in a parking lot" would be a good sprint commercial.

how the crud does boost give a sprint app for free but sprint charges $10 a month for the same app? or did you mean they both offer it for free with a data package, because on the sprint site it doesnt say anything about data or no data, it says $10 a month.
When you install Sprint Navi for the first time it runs right off the bat (teaser?) The next time you run it, it asks for a purchase (either a month for $9.95 or a day for $2.95.) You sign up for the monthly and it goes through, except that Boost, being a pre-paid, has no way to add to the bill, so it is in fact a free app.
Old 12-18-2009, 09:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Alltel/Verizon

Plutonium0587 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Well I'm on Verizon used to be Alltel and my phone is Alltel so I cannot use any Verizon nav stuff... Point being, I have Garmin on my phone. I have a standalone Garmin in one car, but needed one for my car because I like the interface and usability. I still use Google Maps when I need to look up something quick, but when I'm on the road, the Garmin just works better for turn by turn and it does Google searches and stuff now too. Until Google gives WM a navigation like the Droid has (which may never happen), I like the Garmin. I can't really comment on how Garmin compares to others, but it just happened to be what I chose because my other GPS was Garmin and I really like it.

One thing I really like about it compared to Google Maps specifically is that if you the wrong way for some reason, it tells you and gets you back on track. GM just lets you wander until you can stop and figure out WTF you did lol. I do know that the WM Bing directions follow you and will ask you if you go off track and recalculate your route. You may want to try that as an alternative to GM. It doesn't announce but has kind of more turn by turn I think.
Old 12-18-2009, 10:02 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile
Threadstarter

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgepa View Post
When you install Sprint Navi for the first time it runs right off the bat (teaser?) The next time you run it, it asks for a purchase (either a month for $9.95 or a day for $2.95.) You sign up for the monthly and it goes through, except that Boost, being a pre-paid, has no way to add to the bill, so it is in fact a free app.

well i just "chatted" with the rep online and she assured me sprint navigation was free if I have unlimited data, which I do. So the $10 a month seems to be a discount, because if I payed for data usage it would add up to more then $10 a month if I used gps a lot im sure

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond