PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2009, 09:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

NewYorkLaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNewYorkLaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNewYorkLaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNewYorkLaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Yes, another "which rom is best for me" thread...

I am giving my touch diamond to a friend, who is not too techy. Since moving onto my Hero last month (I LOVE MY HERO), I have not followed these diamond threads too closely. I would like opinions on the best rom for someone who:

1. will not appreciate 6.5.1 (which I definitely preferred),
2. will not care about "extra" apps,
3. will definitely want good battery life,
4. does not place a high priority on texting/emailing,
5. does not place a high priority on browsing.

My friend will use the diamond MOSTLY as a phone, secondarily, to CHECK texts and emails (but not usually to respond from the phone). I mention this because I remember some of the roms caused the phone to react sluggishly and this will not be good for my friend.

My feeling is that a 6.1 rom (closer to stock) will probably go over better overall, and will probably yield better battery life. What are your thoughts? And, what are your recommendations? Once I flash this rom and give the phone away, I hope to never have to do it again - I'd like this phone to work without my intervention.

Thanks guys!

Pete
Old 12-16-2009, 12:10 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Yes, another "which rom is best for me" thread...

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=97841 Bam. So far everyone says this does the best and is the most stable (the non SPB one, but the SPB runs great too).
Old 12-16-2009, 07:21 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

NewYorkLaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNewYorkLaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNewYorkLaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNewYorkLaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Looks to me to be the obvious choice. Thanks, you've never let me down before... I'll report back.
Pete
Old 12-16-2009, 10:19 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkLaw View Post
Looks to me to be the obvious choice.
rim shot.

if you don't like that rom I'd try DaReeseBoy 21882 titanium, its fast as crud and leaves A LOT of memory left on your device.

21882 seems to run faster than 21876 and has better menus as well, but Mr.O does a good job on his roms so this might just suit your needs.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-16-2009, 01:52 PM
I see you have a PPC.

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Thanks guys. I wasn't meaning to self-promote me as I even use OMJ's ROM myself. But I just found a simple combo that was a heckuva lot more stable than anything I had used previously (except MR4). If you like you should buy her SPB and use my version of that.
Old 12-16-2009, 03:17 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
Thanks guys. I wasn't meaning to self-promote me as I even use OMJ's ROM myself. But I just found a simple combo that was a heckuva lot more stable than anything I had used previously (except MR4). If you like you should buy her SPB and use my version of that.

its all gravy, nothing wrong with suggesting your own ROM when it really is very stable and fast, the only thing I wouldn't recommend about it is the build, you think about putting up a 21882? (which I think is actually faster than 21884)
Old 12-16-2009, 03:18 PM
I see you have a PPC.

I dunno. No one has complained about the build I'm using. It's plenty fast. lol
Old 12-16-2009, 08:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Hey, I give up. Where is the "long press end key" setting?
I want to make it control the lock instead of vibrate!

***ROM LOOKS GREAT, BY THE WAY, THANKS***

Pete
Old 12-16-2009, 10:32 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: AT&T

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkLaw View Post
Hey, I give up. Where is the "long press end key" setting?
I want to make it control the lock instead of vibrate!

***ROM LOOKS GREAT, BY THE WAY, THANKS***

Pete
It's in the "button" part of the settings menu ... under "end key".
Old 12-16-2009, 10:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmdunn View Post
It's in the "button" part of the settings menu ... under "end key".
I would never have looked in there, thanks!
Pete

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond