PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2009, 01:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH
Carrier: sprint

pjrey is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
cant dial out, contacts only

im writing on behalf of my girlfriends phone, the htc diamond, on sprint. i upgraded her phone this summer (to energy rom 2, sept 20 2009 version)
i just found out, that this whole time, she has been unable to dial out, she must first save the number she wishes to dial in her contacts first.. then tap the contact and it dials and connects fine... how the heck to i change this... i have looked through all the settings/utilities/hacks on the phone, cannot find this setting anywhere...
driving me bonkers.. (i cant believe she put up with it for so long! poor girl)
any reg fixes for this?
thanks!
pj
Old 12-15-2009, 04:51 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: cant dial out, contacts only

Probably putting a different ROM on it wouldn't hurt that works.
Old 12-15-2009, 11:33 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
Probably putting a different ROM on it wouldn't hurt that works.
Once again MR.O rocking the moniker.

that sept ROM is like ancient now brother, I'd go ahead and Flash a new 21884 Sense 2.5 ROM on it and then she can dial out in style.

make sure you flash to stock first.
Old 12-15-2009, 02:55 PM
I see you have a PPC.

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Or if you want just a plain stable WM 6.5 ROM you can customize on top of it whatever you like I made one too called Obviously Stable ROM.
Old 12-16-2009, 03:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

thanks guys...
i installed the new mightyROM4... so far ok i guess.. dialing out works flawless (its a phone, it better!)
but just today, she called me, and said all her info had been reset.. i asked if she had done any tweaking, and she had done nothing but change the ringer/vol...
she said she was trying to get a text message, and was unable to, it wouldnt show up, so she did a soft reset, holding down the power button, when it booted back up, she said all contacts etc were gone (we have it all backed up with PIM, and outlook.. but strange huh?
which rom out there is the most stable? that, and speed... are the only two things she really wants..
thanks for posting back
pj

EDIT: strange, i just looked at the diamond update section of the forum, and noticed mightyROM6... how did i miss that? why did i get 4??? hmmm, maybe ill try that one...

Last edited by pjrey; 12-16-2009 at 03:43 PM.
Old 12-16-2009, 05:22 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/Touch Diamond/BlackBerry Tour 9630
Carrier: Sprint

basilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Sounds like you didn't get a decent flash. Did you flash the stock rom prior to flashing MR4?

Also, you're in Minnesota? Where you at? I'm in MPLS!
Old 12-16-2009, 05:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

hehe, i just now read about flashing stock first... (man, i need to READ FIRST!) maybe that would help...
ill try the mighty6, with flashing first to stock!
basilray: no, went to school there, at the UofM... but living up in grand marais! wayyyy up there...
pj
Old 12-16-2009, 05:35 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/Touch Diamond/BlackBerry Tour 9630
Carrier: Sprint

basilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjrey View Post
hehe, i just now read about flashing stock first... (man, i need to READ FIRST!) maybe that would help...
ill try the mighty6, with flashing first to stock!
basilray: no, went to school there, at the UofM... but living up in grand marais! wayyyy up there...
pj
Well, if you ever need a good mechanic up there, I know a guy. He's great.

Also, here's my recipe for flashing success:

1. Flash Stock
2. Hard Reset
3. Let the customizations run
4. Flash Custom
5. Hard Reset
6. Enjoy!
Old 12-16-2009, 05:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

thanks for the tip!
who do you know up here.. i was born and raised here... its a town of 1,300 people, im sure i will know him..
pj
Old 12-16-2009, 05:51 PM
I see you have a PPC.

Actually it's flashing shipped, not stock.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond