PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   cant dial out, contacts only (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=101796)

pjrey 12-15-2009 01:58 AM

cant dial out, contacts only

im writing on behalf of my girlfriends phone, the htc diamond, on sprint. i upgraded her phone this summer (to energy rom 2, sept 20 2009 version)
i just found out, that this whole time, she has been unable to dial out, she must first save the number she wishes to dial in her contacts first.. then tap the contact and it dials and connects fine... how the heck to i change this... i have looked through all the settings/utilities/hacks on the phone, cannot find this setting anywhere...
driving me bonkers.. (i cant believe she put up with it for so long! poor girl)
any reg fixes for this?
thanks!
pj

MrObvious 12-15-2009 04:51 AM

Re: cant dial out, contacts only

Probably putting a different ROM on it wouldn't hurt that works.

orangekid 12-15-2009 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrObvious (Post 1414339)
Probably putting a different ROM on it wouldn't hurt that works.

Once again MR.O rocking the moniker.

that sept ROM is like ancient now brother, I'd go ahead and Flash a new 21884 Sense 2.5 ROM on it and then she can dial out in style.

make sure you flash to stock first.

MrObvious 12-15-2009 02:55 PM

Or if you want just a plain stable WM 6.5 ROM you can customize on top of it whatever you like I made one too called Obviously Stable ROM. :D

pjrey 12-16-2009 03:37 PM

thanks guys...
i installed the new mightyROM4... so far ok i guess.. dialing out works flawless (its a phone, it better!)
but just today, she called me, and said all her info had been reset.. i asked if she had done any tweaking, and she had done nothing but change the ringer/vol...
she said she was trying to get a text message, and was unable to, it wouldnt show up, so she did a soft reset, holding down the power button, when it booted back up, she said all contacts etc were gone (we have it all backed up with PIM, and outlook.. but strange huh?
which rom out there is the most stable? that, and speed... are the only two things she really wants..
thanks for posting back
pj

EDIT: strange, i just looked at the diamond update section of the forum, and noticed mightyROM6... how did i miss that? why did i get 4??? hmmm, maybe ill try that one...

basilray 12-16-2009 05:22 PM

Sounds like you didn't get a decent flash. Did you flash the stock rom prior to flashing MR4?

Also, you're in Minnesota? Where you at? I'm in MPLS!

pjrey 12-16-2009 05:31 PM

hehe, i just now read about flashing stock first... (man, i need to READ FIRST!) maybe that would help...
ill try the mighty6, with flashing first to stock!
basilray: no, went to school there, at the UofM... but living up in grand marais! wayyyy up there...
pj

basilray 12-16-2009 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjrey (Post 1418409)
hehe, i just now read about flashing stock first... (man, i need to READ FIRST!) maybe that would help...
ill try the mighty6, with flashing first to stock!
basilray: no, went to school there, at the UofM... but living up in grand marais! wayyyy up there...
pj

Well, if you ever need a good mechanic up there, I know a guy. He's great. ;)

Also, here's my recipe for flashing success:

1. Flash Stock
2. Hard Reset
3. Let the customizations run
4. Flash Custom
5. Hard Reset
6. Enjoy! :)

pjrey 12-16-2009 05:44 PM

thanks for the tip!
who do you know up here.. i was born and raised here... its a town of 1,300 people, im sure i will know him..
pj

MrObvious 12-16-2009 05:51 PM

Actually it's flashing shipped, not stock.