PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2009, 03:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

alex jb is keeping up the good workalex jb is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to alex jb
Hard wipe the internal memory?

Hi folks,

Do you know of any way to hard wipre the 'internal storage' on the Sprint diamond?

I ask as my diamond is effectively bricked because of the .nbh on there (re-lock rom) is bad and as the USB port is not working, there's no way to connect to the phone to get rid of the file other than whacking 5v across some of the pins on the storage chip etc.

I already took it appart/re-assembled to try to fix the usb port so there's no taking it back to the store at this point...
Old 12-15-2009, 04:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Re: Hard wipe the internal memory?

No one done anything like this?
Old 12-15-2009, 04:56 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

why do you want to wipe internal memorty then? and why is it bricked? I don't understand, can you turn on the device and load wm?

are you saying you tried to relock it and now it does something funny, do you just get bootloader? can you give some more data?
Old 12-15-2009, 07:07 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

He is stuck and can't boot up. But I don't know if you can.
Old 12-16-2009, 09:47 AM

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

have you tried to hard reset the device (with the buttons) and seen if that can get you loaded up?
Old 12-16-2009, 12:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

yup, tried hard reset, no difference. it's stuck on the tricolor with a bad .nbh file and a broken usb port so no way to put a good one on there.
Old 12-16-2009, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex jb View Post
yup, tried hard reset, no difference. it's stuck on the tricolor with a bad .nbh file and a broken usb port so no way to put a good one on there.

sounds like you might be scrooged then, the hard reset was about the only thing I think that may have saved you.
Old 12-16-2009, 12:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

bummer

Anyone had any luck fixing non-functional USB ports?
Old 12-16-2009, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex jb View Post
bummer

Anyone had any luck fixing non-functional USB ports?
or is there any way to hook up the diamond hard drive to another device and flash a rom to it?
Old 12-23-2009, 02:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

No one ever got stuck like this and needed to just wipe info?

Was hoping I could either sell it for parts on flea-bay or give parts to people here... Can't do it while my personal info is still on the internal storage though.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond