PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2009, 04:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

elmariachi is keeping up the good workelmariachi is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Whats the deal with YouTube

When I search I only get crappy amature videos, its like I cant view any music videos or something. I tried it on my friends sprint touch and his is the same way.
Ex, search the desktop version for" the lonely island im on a boat" and get tons of hits for the video.
Search the windows mobile version, I only get covers and audio only (with a still picture) versions.
Is there some filter or something?
Old 12-13-2009, 04:16 PM
Lurker

arthurp is a n00b
Re: Whats the deal with YouTube

I remember reading somewhere that really popular videos, or music gets censored from the Youtube app. I can't remember the reason though.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-13-2009, 10:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc snap ceda100 s510
Carrier: Telus

Jadall is just getting started

as far as I know also the videos are prepared for use on your device and they would probably likely only have short video's etc. you tube I think converts them but obviously not all of them.
Old 12-14-2009, 10:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Yhea thats lame, oh well the new version of Skyfire looks great on VGA and works great for youtube!
Old 12-14-2009, 11:30 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

I don't have that problem with my diamond youtube, although the lonely island im on a boat video gives you that garbage even on a PC its hard to find the actual video, it might just be the idiots who have taken over youtube and not the diamond, not sure why they would censure anything.
Old 12-14-2009, 03:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Search "the lonely island im on a boat" on PC, first six results right at the top are the video, Search on the HTC app all I get is amature crap.
Although I found out today I'm getting put on the company phone plan (no more phone bill!)
Bad news, everyone here uses iphones! Haha, if they werent gonna pay the bill I'd tell them to shove it!
Thank you for the response though.
Old 12-15-2009, 10:13 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmariachi View Post
Search "the lonely island im on a boat" on PC, first six results right at the top are the video, Search on the HTC app all I get is amature crap.
Although I found out today I'm getting put on the company phone plan (no more phone bill!)
Bad news, everyone here uses iphones! Haha, if they werent gonna pay the bill I'd tell them to shove it!
Thank you for the response though.
wow when i searched it on a pc I got some idiots making their own amateur crap.

I don't get that on my youtube though, maybe its your version? that just seems weird that it would filter it out.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond