PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2010, 09:26 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Updated Swype: HTCBlackBird-3.9.10.10.5032

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkie405 View Post
This is great! I'm a huge fan of Swype. I thought it was banned as freeware and so the old version I've been running for months was going to be it. I was fine with that cuz it rocks anyway. But an updated version now?!?!?! That's phenomenal! Thanks MWalt2! Anyone tried any skins on the new one? The HTC Like skin imparticular?
As far as I know, all versions of swype have come from dumped ROMs, so it's really no different than running sense 2.5 on my diamond or winmo6.5. You can't download a WinMo version from their website. One of the things I like the best is it now uses png's for the keyboard skins. They take up a lot less memory than the .bmp's used with the older version.
Old 03-27-2010, 08:51 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

lexluthor is keeping up the good worklexluthor is keeping up the good work

Will Swype-3.9.10.10.5032.cab run correctly on a VGA Touch Pro running WM6.1 or do I need WM6.5?
Old 03-27-2010, 09:27 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexluthor View Post
Will Swype-3.9.10.10.5032.cab run correctly on a VGA Touch Pro running WM6.1 or do I need WM6.5?
It should run fine. You might need to use a program like nuedefaultSIP to get it to stay as your SIP after soft reset.
Old 03-27-2010, 10:16 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Carrier: Verizon

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

MWalt2, When I cook this keyboard in it screws with my XT9 disablement. I can't seem to disable XT9 at all when I cook in this keyboard. Any suggestions?
Old 03-27-2010, 02:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Bell Mobility

higher diamonds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhigher diamonds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhigher diamonds is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I usually just cab install swype to storage card and it seems to work fine
Old 03-27-2010, 04:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

stravy is becoming a great contributor

I installed it on OMJ's 6.5.5 v1.1 rom. In portrait: It works but the bottom wm soft buttons are covered up a little on the bottom. In landscape: the buttons are covered again and the kb does not fit the screen.

Anyone else using a 6.5.5 rom with this kb have the same issue?

Edit: Had to uninstall swype. It was causing a problem with the s2a where the s2a was falling below the screen. I was really starting to like it. Oh well.

Last edited by stravy; 03-27-2010 at 10:43 PM.
Old 03-28-2010, 12:47 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stravy View Post
I installed it on OMJ's 6.5.5 v1.1 rom. In portrait: It works but the bottom wm soft buttons are covered up a little on the bottom. In landscape: the buttons are covered again and the kb does not fit the screen.

Anyone else using a 6.5.5 rom with this kb have the same issue?

Edit: Had to uninstall swype. It was causing a problem with the s2a where the s2a was falling below the screen. I was really starting to like it. Oh well.
The keyboard is a little low on 6.5.x ROMs since the softkeybar is larger. Swype will not cause the slide2answer to be below the screen. That is caused by using a wvga dialer on a vga device and depending on phcanvga.exe to move the in-call screen up so that the buttons are accessible on vga. Swype has no effect on phcanvga.exe running for me. Unless you're somehow running out of memory, I don't see how a SIP could affect an exe that runs on an incoming call and moves part of the dialer up.

Unfortunately, phcanvga.exe isn't perfect and it fails sometimes. I also think there may be different versions (all named the same), because I have one that re-positions leo phonecanvas fine and will not work for a rhodium phonecanvas. If you want a native vga dialer, you can try the tachi one as I think it will allow you to use the people shortcuts in sense. Hopefully an HTC Trophy ROM will leak and we can all have updated real VGA sense and a new VGA dialer .
Old 03-31-2010, 12:11 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: q9c
Carrier: sprint

I find that Swype is unusable in landscape on my Diamond because several keys are cut off of the right side o the keyboard. This is true in original release and is even worse in the new release. Am I the only one having this problem?
Old 04-03-2010, 11:32 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Post 1 updated with corrected VGA landscape and a cab that takes up less space on main memory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avatarthe View Post
I find that Swype is unusable in landscape on my Diamond because several keys are cut off of the right side o the keyboard. This is true in original release and is even worse in the new release. Am I the only one having this problem?
Not just you .
Old 04-04-2010, 10:45 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Re: [Update] Fixed Landscape VGA : Swype-3.9.10.10.5032

I updated first post again. The previous lite cab was missing some keys and is not fixed. Also, the original cab was fixed for VGA.
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond