PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2009, 03:37 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Bell

bluenote is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Bell vs Sprint extended batteries unrecognized

Hey guys

I ebayed a new battery for my Bell HTC touch diamond and received it a couple days ago. I was really careful to make sure that the ad said it would fit and charge in a sprint diamond, because I know that a lot of cheap extended batteries only work in the GSM models.

Anyways to make a long story short, to my huge disappointment, it isn't recognized, and it doesn't charge. I emailed the seller, and he's telling me that these batteries only charge in a "sprint touch diamond" , and not a "htc sprint model" (whatever that means).

Underneath the battery my phone says its a MP6950.

Can anybody confirm that the sprint diamond and my bell diamond are actually different?
Old 12-12-2009, 01:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc snap ceda100 s510
Carrier: Telus

Jadall is just getting started
Re: Bell vs Sprint extended batteries unrecognized

They should work as far as I know its the same phone. but a lot of advanced devices have a way to I guess its to prevent damage to the phone and the manufacterer will probably recommend you use only batteries approved by them. I know I looked at the fat 3x size battery for my diamond but never got it. 89 bucks was alot. The phone may actually detect that it is not a correct battery and not let it work.

Oh and I worked for sprint they call the diamond the 6950 alright too... mine is telus they call it something else I know the verizon version of the diamond is a different hardware but I have seen bell phones and my phone side by side as far as I know they are the same
Old 12-12-2009, 07:03 PM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)

i can't even find a cdma extended battery on ebay that doesn't ship from hong kong.
Old 12-29-2009, 06:49 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

bluenote is a n00b

I got a second "Cameron Sino" (CS-MP6950XL) sent to me, and this one doesn't charge either. I see this battery advertised on quite a few websites (aside from ebay) but none of them actually mention Bell.

Somebody help me out and tell me what I have to do to ensure compatibility with my Bell touch diamond (MP6950). (Besides paying an $80 markup on that same $15 chinese battery...).

thanks
Old 02-22-2010, 05:21 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

bluenote is a n00b

Somebody have a Bell mobility touch diamond that actually bought an extended battery online and it worked? Please link your source!
Old 02-22-2011, 06:25 PM
Lurker
Carrier: Cellcom

_MANicMAN_ is a n00b

I just bought this battery as well for a non-Sprint(Cellcom) CDMA HTC Touch Diamond 6950 phone. My phone also does not recognize the battery and will not charge the battery whether or not it is turned on. I got it for pretty cheap on eBay so I am not extremely upset. I will likely have to go back to the stock battery which doesn't last very long on this battery hungry device. If anyone has any ideas on how to get this to work on our devices, it would be greatly appreciated.
Old 02-24-2011, 03:08 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

Maybe try this one:

seidioonline.com

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond