PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2009, 10:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc snap ceda100 s510
Carrier: Telus

Jadall is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
%$^%$ t9 settings

I hate to have to post something that might seem easy to most people but what is the problem with the t9 on my diamond its idiotic the stock rom it worked wonderful it completed the words for me now it just puts words in that I don't type at all and I have to open a 2nd menu and constantly turn it off and on when using it because it just goes stupid if a word that isn't in it.

like for example I type the word IT and it replaces it with OR wtf is that? and what is with the underlining thing. sorry now I am just venting I never did learn how to use t9 on a regular phone.

When I first got it it didn't do that on the Stock diamond t9 thing I was texting away like a madman. now I can't get the new phone I'm using omj sense 1.2 28002 rom with I guess 1920 build of sense with whatever the stock keyboard is and I don't use the fingerkeyboard program. (it pissed me off a long time ago too so I don't use it )

well I guess my question is what is the stock keyboard and t9 for the telus diamond rom and how can I configure it or anyone with any settings I can change on the t9 or what?

Last edited by Jadall; 12-10-2009 at 10:07 PM. Reason: more information
Old 12-14-2009, 01:19 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: %$^%$ t9 settings

Which keyboard are you using exactly?
Old 12-14-2009, 04:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc snap ceda100 s510
Carrier: Telus
Threadstarter

Jadall is just getting started

I'm not sure which one it is that I was talking about I am using swype now and I love it. I just never learned how to use t9 at all even on a regular phone so it doesn't make any sense to me I enter a word and another word pops up with all different letters in it. swype is great though I suggest people try it.
Old 12-14-2009, 05:48 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

It's kind of like pushing the buttons one at a time on a regular phone keypad that just has 0-9 and star and pound instead of having to push each button 1-4 times for a certain letter. But on a qwerty keyboard it is good for spelling correction. The more you use it the more it will learn.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond