PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2009, 11:23 AM
SIR Flash-a-lot
Pocket PC: Hero
Carrier: Sprint

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
6.5 Theme Issue, Please Help!

I have been racking my brain for an hour. I am trying to do one simple thing and it is just not working. All i want to do is replace the wallpaper image in the Flamerise.tsk that comes in Calks Kitchens. Everytime i do, it creates the grey top and bottom bar. Let me tell you what steps i am doing.

First here is some background.
I am just trying to change the wallpaper within the 6.5 flamerise.tsk not the 6.5.1( I already know how to fix the grey in those).
I am using wince cab manager to open the tsk. I made sure that the image i am using to replace the current one is 480x640 and in jpg format. I made sure to rename the jpg to: stwater_480_640.jpg. In wince I right click on the image i am wanting to replace and click remove. I then right click on the 'files' subfolder and click 'add', locate my new picture and add it. I then just save and move back to the original location where the tsk was. Now understand, before i did any off this, the flamerise tsk worked just fine, had black top and bottom bars. I cannot figure out for the life of me why just changing the wallpaper to something else, it creates the grey top and bottom bars.

PLEASE HELP!!! Im gonna pull my hair out.

Thats how sweet the signal is in my office!!
Old 12-09-2009, 11:38 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

SOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIP
Re: 6.5 Theme Issue, Please Help!

replace the image files w/the ones that you want to use, there should only be 2 files included in the .tsk.

how are you replacing the image..? open the .tsk w/cabmanagerCE, replace the images w/the same names (or change registry entried to reflect the name of the new image(s), & then save. MAKE SURE TO SAVE AS WinCE CAB Files (*.cab;*.hme;*.tsk) & NOT as a WCM Project file.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-09-2009, 11:48 AM
SIR Flash-a-lot
Threadstarter

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOHKis View Post
replace the image files w/the ones that you want to use, there should only be 2 files included in the .tsk.

how are you replacing the image..? open the .tsk w/cabmanagerCE, replace the images w/the same names (or change registry entried to reflect the name of the new image(s), & then save. MAKE SURE TO SAVE AS WinCE CAB Files (*.cab;*.hme;*.tsk) & NOT as a WCM Project file.
I am removing the image that is in the tsk. Then i am right clicking on the files subfolder and selecting add, and then adding the new wallpaper with the stwater_480_640 name.
Old 12-09-2009, 12:13 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot
Threadstarter

Ok I did some messing around and I finally got one to work. Thanks much for your help SOHKis.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-09-2009, 12:32 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

SOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIP

sure thing man, anytime!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond