PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Will you keep your Diamond as your every day phone until the HD2 hits the U.S.?
Yes 58 96.67%
No 2 3.33%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2009, 07:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO Shift 4G
Carrier: Sprint

JQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Who is sticking with the Diamond until something like the HD2 hits the U.S.?

Who else has common sense?

Touch pro 2 - Larger screen, same processor speed as the diamond, comes with wm 6.1 not 6.5 stock, still lots of landscape issues with manila 2.5 making the keyboard almost useless (I honestly don't know if things like HTC messaging with on landscape with the TP2 as I haven't looked it up.

Hero - Bigger screen but with a lower resolution than the diamond, same processor speed as the diamond. (honestly the android platform on the sprint hero doesn't seem like a true smartphone, more like HTC tried to create something as cool as but not as aristocratic as the iPhone)

Samsung Moment - The only contender, though I don't really like its keyboard. And it only comes loaded with android 1.5. But it has an 800mhz processor. The diamond wins again in resolution though.

So let it be known I am referring to your Diamond running a stable rom with a good build of windows mobile 6.5 with the newest version of HTC Sense (aka Touchflo 3D 2.5). Which means you basically have all the functionality the Touch HD2 has in a smaller device, running on a 528mhz processor (just as fast as the Touch Pro 2 and the Hero), with better resolution and thus a brighter and sharper looking screen than the Hero and Moment.
Old 12-07-2009, 07:45 PM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Re: Who is sticking with the Diamond until something like the HD2 hits the U.S.?

no, im stuck with this diamond because my pre died on me and i needed a phone. my next phone will be a pixi, hero or moment. im done with winmo.

andthe design and look of the moment is 10x better than the hero. i played with one last weekend. it will also end up being updated to the newer android builds.
Old 12-07-2009, 08:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVOlution
Carrier: Sprint Everything Plus - Fresh Evo 3.1.0.1

Journeyjeans is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJourneyjeans is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJourneyjeans is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJourneyjeans is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to Journeyjeans
Re: Who is sticking with the Diamond until something like the HD2 hits the U.S.?

I might be sticking with the diamond because there is nothing else truly upgrade worthy.

The closest is the Samsung Moment, but it just LOOKS bulky, even though its not that much bigger than the Diamond in person.

Plus the keyboard looks like something the Predator might use on his arm.

Sigh, guess I'll hold on or buy a Tour from fleabay
Old 12-07-2009, 08:21 PM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeyjeans View Post
I might be sticking with the diamond because there is nothing else truly upgrade worthy.

The closest is the Samsung Moment, but it just LOOKS bulky, even though its not that much bigger than the Diamond in person.

Plus the keyboard looks like something the Predator might use on his arm.

Sigh, guess I'll hold on or buy a Tour from fleabay

the moment is not bulky at all. i played with it at sprint and it's a darn nice phone. looks better than the hero IMO.
Old 12-07-2009, 08:29 PM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)

I've been upgrade eligible for a year, but won't be switching from my Diamond until the HD2 or similar device comes out. I'm also not interested in switching to a higher priced Everything Plan when my plan has pretty much the same features for $43/month.
Old 12-07-2009, 09:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Hero!!!

mconig78 is becoming a great contributor

The HD2 would be nice if it would run Android but even though those phone models are leaked from HTC it will take Sprint forever to get any of those onto there network. It took them this long to get a Hero. I like the Hero just because its something new and to me the Diamond looks old and boring. I am ready to sell my diamond to get the Hero. I want to wait but I just dont know if anything else is going to come out soon. Just like when the Vogue came out i was waiting debated on getting it then the Diamond came out at a resonable price. Im ready for change
Old 12-07-2009, 11:49 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: AT&T

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP

I'm ready for a change as well, but there just isn't anything that is substantially better. I'm continually updating the old Diamond, and it's running great. No sense spending my upgrade on a lateral move. So, it looks like I'll be waiting it out. Here's hoping Sprint will get their act together, and bring the HD2 or Bravo to the table, sooner rather than later.
Old 12-08-2009, 01:03 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

not really any other decent options....
Old 12-08-2009, 01:37 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Yeah no kidding. The Diamond isn't a bad phone really once you find a way to deal with battery life.
Old 12-08-2009, 02:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro2/Touch Pro/Diamond

Atomic2Mod is keeping up the good workAtomic2Mod is keeping up the good work

I will definitively hold out for a thin & sleek update to the Diamond - HD2 would be great! Not just for the extra umpft and the bigger screen (the small one is okay too), but I really need more room to hold my apps & an sd card slot for my media etc.

I like the bigger screen mainly, because it will make the on-screen keyboard even more finger friendly.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond