PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Who is sticking with the Diamond until something like the HD2 hits the U.S.? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=100606)

InvincibleLiving 12-08-2009 03:09 AM

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

I honestly love my diamond but im ready to go back to having a hard kb now. keep tryin to get it replaced w/a TP.

billyapd21 12-08-2009 12:30 PM

Re: Who is sticking with the Diamond until something like the HD2 hits the U.S.?

I'm in the same boat. I've been upgrade eligible for a while and really wanted the Whitestone variant or HD2. The past couple of days I've really been thinking about the TP2, especially because I can get it for $199 through my job with no mail in rebate. I don't know what to do. I'm not sure how much longer they'll be offereing the deal but I want to wait till the beginning of the year to see if there's any news of upcoming devices.

dcanimation 12-08-2009 01:04 PM

Re: Who is sticking with the Diamond until something like the HD2 hits the U.S.?

I'd love to upgrade my diamond, but Sprint doesn't really have much to offer right now. Plus i want something with a faster processor. Here's hoping that the Bravo comes to Sprint!

racemepls 12-08-2009 01:22 PM

I wouldn't say as fast as the touch pro2 but you're right there isn't much incentive to upgrading unti the HD2 comes out. Unfortuntly I think I'll be switching to T-Mobile to get it.

ChansteR390 12-08-2009 04:49 PM

I could upgrade to a Droid or an Eris but I am holding out on the Brave/Passion and see if it comes to VZW and then I will be jumping on that ship.

cesium 12-08-2009 05:36 PM

All I know is that I want my next phone to have a faster processor and an OLED screen.

Jadall 12-09-2009 12:21 AM

I bought this phone when the hd touch was out and a lot of other "better" phones I picked it because the size was smaller than other htc slideout phones and it was cheap like over 100 cheaper than touch pro and a lot of other very nice phones

I love my cdma diamond but telus and bell went hspa (can't remember abbreviation) its the network (at least for data) that the new devices are using so another phone model might be faster in the area I use it in. changing it with roms and stuff is totally awesome I can make it into a different phone at will! and hopefully someday they will make an android os that runs on the diamond for more roms to try.

mogulman01 12-09-2009 12:41 AM

I just renewed my contract with Sprint, and upgraded my wife's phone from a Centro to a Samsung Intrepid. I was thinking about getting a TP2 on my existing plan, or changing my plan and getting a Hero, Moment or Pixi. It just isn't worth it for me to change my plan. The TP2 is too big also and same CPU as diamond.

So for the time being I'm sticking with the Diamond on my legacy plan until something significantly better comes around. I'm really kind of down on Winmo right now, but I can live with it if I can keep my current plan.

Biker1 12-09-2009 04:42 AM

I will be keeping my Diamond for awhile, as Sprint doesn't seem to be in a rush to get anymore WinMo devices. I need to stay with WinMo in order to keep my Current Sprint Plan. You know, Sprint is trying to get most of us off the older, better, less expensive plans.
No problems here as I like my Diamond, and have purchased a Back up just in case the need for one arises :)

billyapd21 12-09-2009 03:20 PM

Everyday I seem to be thinking about the TP2 more and more. I just know as soon as I buy it they are going to release a new phone that I would like better. I wish they would just tell me if they are getting the HD2 or not. If so, I'll wait it out, If not, I'm buying a TP2.