PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2009, 09:37 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

scc135 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
activesync disappeared?

Hi, I used to use an HTC diamond but switched to the Palm Pre. I sold the diamond to a friend 6 months ago and told her to flash the rom. She finally asked me to instruct her how to do it but after flashing to mightyrom, she says she can't activesync and activesync doesn't even show up in programs on the phone! I didn't realize mightyrom was no longer being updated (it was the last rom I used before I sold the phone). What should I do? She's tried reinstalling activesync on the computer and clearing the phone and resetting, but the computer and phone won't communicate at all.
Old 12-06-2009, 10:17 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Re: activesync disappeared?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scc135 View Post
Hi, I used to use an HTC diamond but switched to the Palm Pre. I sold the diamond to a friend 6 months ago and told her to flash the rom. She finally asked me to instruct her how to do it but after flashing to mightyrom, she says she can't activesync and activesync doesn't even show up in programs on the phone! I didn't realize mightyrom was no longer being updated (it was the last rom I used before I sold the phone). What should I do? She's tried reinstalling activesync on the computer and clearing the phone and resetting, but the computer and phone won't communicate at all.
Turn off the phone, hold the volume down and then the power button for a few seconds. This will trigger bootloader, then she should connect the phone via activesync. it will most likely throw an error saying it cannot connect but don't worry about that. As long as their is a USB listed on the screen it should be fine. Just flash the shipped rom again. It will work. Hope this helps.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-07-2009, 01:37 AM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Moved to the Diamond forum.

Old 12-07-2009, 10:18 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

scc135 is a n00b

thanks for saving my ass! she was getting seriously pissed off when she couldn't sync...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond