PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2009, 05:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

ricklock2007 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Beta Expired, Phone Bricked?

So I have an HTC Touch Diamond, and a few months ago unlocked it and installed Juicy's ROM. The beta on windows expired a few days ago and no matter what I do when it loads back up it says " This concludes the beta test of this software, Thank you.... To obtain a newer release or futher information, please revisit the web site that you obtained your current beta release." I can't do anything accept lock and unlock the phone. I need to connect to active sync to install another ROM, but I am unable to connect to the phone, My laptop recognizes that there is a mobile device connected, but when I open it it simpy is empty and I cannot change anything, I think the phone is blocking out my Laptop. Am I Bricked?

P.S. Please put your response in dumb people terms because I am a noob for sure.
Old 12-03-2009, 05:15 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: AT&T

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP
Re: Beta Expired, Phone Bricked?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklock2007 View Post
So I have an HTC Touch Diamond, and a few months ago unlocked it and installed Juicy's ROM. The beta on windows expired a few days ago and no matter what I do when it loads back up it says " This concludes the beta test of this software, Thank you.... To obtain a newer release or futher information, please revisit the web site that you obtained your current beta release." I can't do anything accept lock and unlock the phone. I need to connect to active sync to install another ROM, but I am unable to connect to the phone, My laptop recognizes that there is a mobile device connected, but when I open it it simpy is empty and I cannot change anything, I think the phone is blocking out my Laptop. Am I Bricked?

P.S. Please put your response in dumb people terms because I am a noob for sure.
You should be ok ...

Remove the battery for a couple of minutes, then replace it. Push and hold the volume down button, and then press the power button. This will put you into bootloader mode. Now connect the usb cable to your laptop and flash back to your factory "shipped" rom. Afterwards, you should be able to flash to your custom rom of choice.

edit: Here's a link to the Sprint "shipped" rom, if you don't have it.

ftp://ppcgeeks.com/Diamond/Stock%20R...nt_Shipped.rar

Last edited by wmdunn; 12-03-2009 at 05:17 PM.
Old 12-03-2009, 05:15 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot
Pocket PC: Hero

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklock2007 View Post

Simple. Download the rom of your choice. Then take your battery out, put it back in, Hold volume down + power til the multi color bootloader screen comes on. Connect to computer via USB and then flash the rom of your choice.

EDIT: Well said WMDunn. Lol. You beat me to it.

Thats how sweet the signal is in my office!!
Old 12-03-2009, 05:20 PM
VIP Member

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbussen View Post
Simple. Download the rom of your choice. Then take your battery out, put it back in, Hold volume down + power til the multi color bootloader screen comes on. Connect to computer via USB and then flash the rom of your choice.

EDIT: Well said WMDunn. Lol. You beat me to it.
LOL ... guess he'll get the message. What is it they say about great minds?

ps ... almost forgot ... congrats on the VIP status.
Old 12-04-2009, 11:35 AM
SIR Flash-a-lot
Pocket PC: Hero

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmdunn View Post
LOL ... guess he'll get the message. What is it they say about great minds?

ps ... almost forgot ... congrats on the VIP status.

Haha I didnt even notice. Thanks!
Old 12-06-2009, 02:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond soon to be Evo :)

lucario07 is keeping up the good worklucario07 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmdunn View Post
You should be ok ...

Remove the battery for a couple of minutes, then replace it. Push and hold the volume down button, and then press the power button. This will put you into bootloader mode. Now connect the usb cable to your laptop and flash back to your factory "shipped" rom. Afterwards, you should be able to flash to your custom rom of choice.

edit: Here's a link to the Sprint "shipped" rom, if you don't have it.

ftp://ppcgeeks.com/Diamond/Stock%20R...nt_Shipped.rar
What Iv'e noticed a while back is the the shipped rom download is actually the stock rom, and the stock rom download is the shipped rom, thats if im getting this right.
Stock=update that came out for the diamond
Shipped=Factory rom/settings
Old 12-06-2009, 10:25 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucario07 View Post
What Iv'e noticed a while back is the the shipped rom download is actually the stock rom, and the stock rom download is the shipped rom, thats if im getting this right.
Stock=update that came out for the diamond
Shipped=Factory rom/settings
Over time, a number of roms have emerged that are referred to as "stock". When I refer to the "shipped" rom, I am talking the original that was released by Sprint/HTC that included the rom and the radio. For some reason, this is the rom that seems to correct the various issues/bugs that can develop from flashing custom roms of different builds.
Old 12-07-2009, 05:27 PM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)

so all of these new 6.5.3 roms have timebombs in them?
Old 12-07-2009, 06:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

mogulman01 is a n00b

Yeah.. that's a good question. How do you know if the rom you are installing has some kind of date limit in it?
Old 12-07-2009, 07:11 PM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogulman01 View Post
Yeah.. that's a good question. How do you know if the rom you are installing has some kind of date limit in it?

jeez i hope not because ill go back to a stock sprint rom or 6.5 and customize from there.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Tags
active sync, beta expired, bricked, cant connect, juicy