PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Diamond replacement through Sprint Repair Center (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=100408)

algershick 12-06-2009 07:30 PM

Diamond replacement through Sprint Repair Center

Anyone who's had their Diamond replaced through the Sprint Repair Center, what are you receiving as a replacement?

Over the last couple of days my Diamond has started to show dozens of black specs on the camera lens while trying to take photos. They said the replacement will be in on Monday, and the model they ordered on the paperwork is a 6850. As far as I know, that's a Touch Pro. Are Diamonds not available anymore as replacements?

algershick 12-06-2009 08:02 PM

Re: Diamond replacement through Sprint Repair Center

I was under the impression that Sprint was replacing the Touch Pro with TP2's, so I'm not sure about receiving a Touch Pro as a Diamond replacement..

iwillfearnoevil 12-06-2009 10:27 PM

my diamond was replace last week with a diamond. it had to be ordered.

algershick 12-06-2009 10:42 PM

I guess I'll see on Wednesday when the replacement shows up!

Astrak 12-07-2009 03:23 AM

I was told diamonds are forever. I was also told TP users get upgraded to a TP2.

olgreg20 12-07-2009 06:49 AM

as far as replacements for the diamond, youll either get a replacement refurbished diamond, or downgraded to a brand new htc touch. i know this from first hand, and i confirmed this with e support, over the phone support, and assurion.

ecker2008 12-07-2009 01:39 PM

I had two replacements through the Sprint Repair Center and both of them were refurbished Diamonds. (this was about 3 months ago, so I don't know if they have a new policy)

Journeyjeans 12-07-2009 05:18 PM

I'm on my third Diamond Refurb in two weeks. The first two had weird dark spots on the bottom half of the screen. This Refurb seems to be holding up, but the screen looks a little janky when looked at from the sides. If this thing bites the dust too, I hope they swap my out to a Blackberry, lol

InvincibleLiving 12-08-2009 03:15 AM

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

wish they would replace mine with a TP as well.

Carla 12-08-2009 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Journeyjeans (Post 1394065)
I'm on my third Diamond Refurb in two weeks. The first two had weird dark spots on the bottom half of the screen. This Refurb seems to be holding up, but the screen looks a little janky when looked at from the sides. If this thing bites the dust too, I hope they swap my out to a Blackberry, lol

I had mine swapped a few times and always received another Diamond in return. I know they will switch for a Treo Pro, which is a downgrade IMO. They won't do a Blackberry though since it's a different platform. I was told it had to be similar and they don't consider that similar.