PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2009, 05:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

nitefall is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Please tell me it's not bricked :(

Last night I was attempting to update my energy rom to his nov 27th file and everything was going fine, until my phone stopped at 1%.... Anyway the recovery screen pops up and this isn't the first time this has happened so stupid me is like o I got this and pulled the battery and pushed the concoction of buttons to get it back to the bootloader screen.

Now it's in the bootloader screen adn says serial in the white area no matter if its plugged into teh computer or not. and above that in the green area it says " Upgrade Rom code error please try again"

Like I said this has happened before no idea why could be because of windows 7 i doubt it but who knows.

What I want to know is if anyone has the instructions that normally pop up for the recovery screen and can post them up so I can try that.

I'm in a bad way here and don't have the 100$ to do a claim.

thanks for any help
Old 12-04-2009, 05:25 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evotastic

scheel78 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularscheel78 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularscheel78 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularscheel78 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Please tell me it's not bricked :(

I'm not sure, but if you put the phone in bootloader and connect it to the computer and it still says serial on the bottom, I think it's bricked. Maybe try on a PC running xp or vista.
Old 12-04-2009, 05:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

last night it was connecting and saying usb though i forgot that part, and that was after the rom code error. Only thing though is my pc would start to install the driver then say it was unrecognized and the driver didnt install correctly
Old 12-04-2009, 05:32 PM
VIP PATROL
Pocket PC: EVO 4G/3D
Carrier: SPRINT

JAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via MSN to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via Yahoo to JAVIERBOND007

What happends if you try hard reset it this way?

Press and hold volume down and the action key,
press and hold for a few seconds soft reset button with the stylus (while still holding volume down and action),
release soft reset button but keep the others pressed until the message appears on the screen.

Old 12-04-2009, 06:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

It does like normal and asks if you want to restore the boot image I hit the volume up, it says restore complete and to hit volume up again and it returns to the bootloader screen...
Old 12-04-2009, 11:43 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: AT&T

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitefall View Post
last night it was connecting and saying usb though i forgot that part, and that was after the rom code error. Only thing though is my pc would start to install the driver then say it was unrecognized and the driver didnt install correctly
Don't try to install the driver, it's not required for flashing, as long as you see usb. Put the phone into bootloader ... connect to your computer, and flash back to the Sprint "shipped" rom. Then you can flash any custom rom you like. If you need the rom, see the link below.

ftp://ppcgeeks.com/Diamond/Stock%20R...nt_Shipped.rar
Old 12-05-2009, 12:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

thats the problem usb wont even pop up and usually the computer makes a noise when a usb device is conected. Sometimes it makes the sound sometimes not, but when it does the little bubble pops up that says usb device not recognized.

Ok i'm sitting here talking to my buddy and messing with the usb while im talking and look down and it sayd usb on it now instead of serial.
but when I run the sprint rom it pops up connection error when its trying to verify the info on the phone....

Seems to be a step in the right direction at least

Last edited by nitefall; 12-05-2009 at 12:25 AM.
Old 12-05-2009, 04:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Thanks for the suggestions guys but turns out my phone just needed a 24 hour break from me apparently. After trying and trying to get it to update or do something I tried to load Energy's Dec 2nd rom and got an error that the ruu wasnt made for my phone or whatever and it restarted as if I did a hard reset lol
After it loaded back up I installed an older custom of his and everythign went fine...
Old 12-05-2009, 08:35 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: AT&T

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP

If it was my phone ... would now flash back to the shipped rom, just to make sure everything is alright with the device.
Old 12-06-2009, 02:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I think the only problem is the usb connector on the phone is loose and doesnt make a good connection. So until I can go through the insurance or get a new phone I think I'm done flashing....

thanks again for the suggestions though

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond