PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2009, 01:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

mogulman01 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
6.5 Roms

I've been using Mighty's Rom 4 for a while now. I was thinking about using a 6.5 rom.

I had a few questions though
1. Why are there different builds of 6.5 in all these roms? Is MS still working on 6.5 or something? What's the difference?

2. I like Touchflo 3d. I don't know what Manilla, Titanium, Rhodium, etc are? Is there a 6.5 Rom that maybe would be like Mighty's Rom 4 that is really good and stable?

Should I just stick with 6.1? I'm pretty happy with it...
Old 12-04-2009, 01:23 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot
Pocket PC: Hero

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: 6.5 Roms

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogulman01 View Post
I've been using Mighty's Rom 4 for a while now. I was thinking about using a 6.5 rom.

1. Why are there different builds of 6.5 in all these roms? Is MS still working on 6.5 or something? What's the difference?

2. I like Touchflo 3d. I don't know what Manilla, Titanium, Rhodium, etc are? Is there a 6.5 Rom that maybe would be like Mighty's Rom 4 that is really good and stable?

1. 6.5 is MS newest builds. 6.5 runs a little better than 6.1 but has a new start menu and some other minor updates. 6.5.X Builds are a continuing updates hopefully leading into 7. They have the larger more finger friendly menus, start menu button has been moved to the bottom left corner. Once again 6.5.X Builds run a little better than 6.1.

2. Manila is the HTC interface that comes on the HTC diamond as well as many other HTC devices with WM OS. Titanium is the new today screen for the newer 6.5 and 6.5.X.

I would suggest if you have the time to just do some flashing and see what you like. It wont hurt your phone and you may be happily surprised by the newest builds.

Thats how sweet the signal is in my office!!
Old 12-04-2009, 01:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

mogulman01 is a n00b

I don't really have time to try a bunch of different Roms. Main thing I want is one that is stable where I won't have to keep reloading apps and trying different versions..
Old 12-04-2009, 02:10 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
I don't really have time to try a bunch of different Roms. Main thing I want is one that is stable where I won't have to keep reloading apps and trying different versions..
Im sorry, i cannot refer any specific rom because their are so many great cooks at this time and they are all doing different things. If you want the latest, try OMJs new Sense 2.5 rom. I have been building roms for some time now and have been extremely happy with my results but OMJ has taken it to a new step with his Sense 2.5. I would suggest just reading the rom threads for app specific items and see what you like.
Old 12-04-2009, 02:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc mogul
Carrier: boost

georgepa is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbussen View Post
Im sorry, i cannot refer any specific rom because their are so many great cooks at this time and they are all doing different things. If you want the latest, try OMJs new Sense 2.5 rom. I have been building roms for some time now and have been extremely happy with my results but OMJ has taken it to a new step with his Sense 2.5. I would suggest just reading the rom threads for app specific items and see what you like.

+1 for OMJs Sense 2.5 Rom.

I used his accompanying kitchen to throw some stuff out I had no use for and ended up with 60MB available storage memory left over and a feature-rich stable ROM.
Old 12-04-2009, 02:43 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:

1) There were lots of 6.1 builds too. Yes, MS is constantly updating SYS.

2) If you want mighty rom, why not try his last release. It's old wm 6.5, but you can have the warm fuzzy feeling people seem to get from using his roms.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=69551

3) Go for it. You can always just flash back if you don't like a new one.
Old 12-04-2009, 02:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

mogulman01 is a n00b

I heard Mighty Mike wasn't working on his anymore though.

I saw the OMJ roms. Are they pretty stable?
Old 12-04-2009, 02:54 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot

Quote:
I heard Mighty Mike wasn't working on his anymore though.

I saw the OMJ roms. Are they pretty stable?
He isnt making Diamond roms anymore. Like i said before, i am an avid cooker and havent had a need to use any other cooks roms but since i tried OMJs 21870 Rom with Sense 2.5, I have been coming to terms that I may just keep it for a while.
Old 12-04-2009, 03:47 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I like OMJ's ROM too and even though I have a very stable ROM out right now for 6.5, I find OMJ's version of SenseUI is just epic. The downside is it's being actively developed and if you hate hard resetting it will be a while before it is totally stable and is probably not as actively developed.

My ROM is just a barebones 6.5 with the Rhodium dialer and Titanium. I did cook a version with SPB Mobile Shell and some people swear by it really as a sweet interface and I tried it and it did look cool. I can't really use it too much because it's a pay for app and also my screen is broken. But if you just want stable and not broken my ROM is very good for that. It's called Obviously Stable ROM. </selfpromotion>
Old 12-04-2009, 03:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

mogulman01 is a n00b

yeah.. I hate hard reseting and having to reload all my apps and settings.. so if I change from 6.1.. .I really just want to do it one time.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond