PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   How to delete tabs in Sense UI (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=100028)

Godzilla77 12-03-2009 11:22 PM

How to delete tabs in Sense UI

I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to delete the tabs for Twitter and for Stocks. I have looked all over the place and cannot find anyway to do this. I tried to use TF3D configure and also advanced configure and neither worked on sense, I even tried deleting tweaks.xml as described in another post from the tf3d folder and nothing still. I love the look of the sense ui and love the start menu at the bottom etc but dont love the tabs. also if there is anyway to make the task bar at the top like the one that comes stock on diamonds so that you can view a pull down of what programs are running or if there is something similar that would be awesome too.
Thanks so much...

OMJ 12-03-2009 11:24 PM

Re: How to delete tabs in Sense UI

Quote:

Originally Posted by Godzilla77 (Post 1384748)
I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to delete the tabs for Twitter and for Stocks. I have looked all over the place and cannot find anyway to do this. I tried to use TF3D configure and also advanced configure and neither worked on sense, I even tried deleting tweaks.xml as described in another post from the tf3d folder and nothing still. I love the look of the sense ui and love the start menu at the bottom etc but dont love the tabs. also if there is anyway to make the task bar at the top like the one that comes stock on diamonds so that you can view a pull down of what programs are running or if there is something similar that would be awesome too.
Thanks so much...

delete or hide? are you cooking a rom? you can hide the tabs in the manila settings page, personalize

Godzilla77 12-03-2009 11:26 PM

I guess I am just trying to hide them. I am not up to the point where I can cook yet. Just moved over to WM about a month ago from BB and am still learning.
Thanks

Godzilla77 12-03-2009 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OMJ (Post 1384752)
delete or hide? are you cooking a rom? you can hide the tabs in the manila settings page, personalize

Hey OMJ,

Guess I should specify more also. I am acutally trying to use one of yours and it is awesome, just dont like the stocks and twitter. Not really my thing. So this is the ROM of yours I am running and it is working awesome so far. Just those minor personal preferences but otherwise great.

WM 6.5.3 28002 v1.2
(last updated 12/01)

Thanks again.

OMJ 12-03-2009 11:33 PM

np, just go all the way over to the right to settings, top selection is personalize, then home screen tabs, uncheck what ya dont want

Godzilla77 12-03-2009 11:36 PM

Thanks!!!

Godzilla77 12-03-2009 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OMJ (Post 1384773)
np, just go all the way over to the right to settings, top selection is personalize, then home screen tabs, uncheck what ya dont want

Wow! That was simple. I cant believe I could not figure that out. I was going into the settings in the windows folder.

rstoyguy 12-04-2009 12:42 PM

Relocated to the HTC Diamond forum!