PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2009, 08:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Alltel Prepaid

Nosey is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Setting up Diamond on Cricket

I have seen posts where people have been able to set their diamond up on cricket, I currently use alltel prepaid but don't have any data plan (they don't offer one for prepaid)

I have read all the posts and believe I have everything all set to flash and connect

my question is, I called cricket to get an account, they said I can bring my own phone but they had no way to setup an account without me purchasing one of their phones and setting up the account online, then I can change to my own phone

has anyone setup an account without purchasing a phone of theirs? the least expensive phone I have found is $30

Thanks in advance for any help you can give
Old 12-04-2009, 01:32 PM
Wolf dog master, Chef
Pocket PC: Vogue,Diamond,TP2,Epic
Carrier: Sprint

Timberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation level
Re: Setting up Diamond on Cricket

Yes, you can flash to Cricket and open an account. First, you have alot of reading to do. (How to flash phone)! Then use any generic carrier rom or pm and I will send my custom Diamond/Cricket rom.
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion
Old 12-04-2009, 07:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Alltel Prepaid
Threadstarter

Nosey is becoming a great contributor

thanks for the response, I have no problem flashing, I went from sprint to verizon to alltel and about 1000 roms until I found one I liked (and worked good for me)

the problem is/was that cricket wouldn't let me open an account until I bought one of their phones, and my area is new on their list and not sure if I would be in the premier area for roaming or in the roaming area where I have to pay .25/min

I ended up getting one of their phones today to test, it was only $20 and came with $5 credit, so I can play and see if it will work in this area, all I'm out is $20 if it doesn't

now I just have to drive about 15 miles to do the 228 and hopefully with the new roaming list it will pickup in my area

we will see...

thanks again
Old 12-22-2009, 02:05 PM
Wolf dog master, Chef
Pocket PC: Vogue,Diamond,TP2,Epic
Carrier: Sprint

Timberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation level

Flash a HTC Vogue the 1st time and a Diamond the 2nd time and a Verizon Razr 3cm. And I have always been able to get Cricket to do it phone. I did read sometime at Howard Forums about Cricket at times giving the customer a hard time. But's never happen to me. Sold the Vogue to my son who then had Cricket change to his account by phone also. Maybe it's the market you live in, I'm in San Antonio Texas.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond