PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > HTC Diamond 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2009, 05:04 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Moto Q
Carrier: Sprint

chener is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint Touch Diamond 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamess661 View Post
is it really possible for sprint to drop the whitestone / diamond 2 around october and no one got wind of it dropping no leaks no nothing a phone of that nature could that really happen no one can keep that hidden with out some one outting the phone has that even happen before with a phone that people really want and been waiting for i feel sprint is going to let us down yet again and iam worried about this t mobile thing or should i say Deutsche Telekom buying sprint thing maybe there are some phone that might not coming because they could be selling to Deutsche Telekom please god no damn damn damnnnnnn
Wow reading this post really hurt my head.

Yes, I believe that the fact nothing at all has surfaced about this phone leads me to believe it won't be coming out next month.
Old 09-27-2009, 01:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo Pro
Carrier: Sprint

warpdrive is a n00b

I'm afraid as much as I'd like to believe otherwise, I have to agree - it appears likely that there'll be no TD2 for Sprint in October.

Last edited by warpdrive; 09-27-2009 at 01:51 PM.
Old 09-27-2009, 01:56 PM
A Geek For Eons
Pocket PC: Photon, Xoom
Carrier: Sprint/US, Airtel/India, Telus/Canada

willysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chener View Post
Wow reading this post really hurt my head.
Yes, capitalization, punctuation, sentences and paragraphs were invented for a reason! I've quit even trying to parse and decode such globs of letters...
Old 09-27-2009, 02:09 PM
A Geek For Eons

willysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

The further out that Sprint releases the TD2 (assuming that they do, and I don't assume that), the less likely that I'll buy one.

By late this year, early next year, I'll likely wait until WM 7 comes out before deciding on a new phone. And I'll be watching for WM 7 leaks, and WM's marketshare vs Apple and others. And will be watching if Sprint's decline continues.

The only downside to my current TD with 6.5 is screen size, and that's not enough to pay Sprint for a new phone and contract.

It pains me to say this, having been a WM user (PDAs and phones) for almost 12 years - I can finally see my next phone being an iPhone. I hope not, but wonder if 6.5 is too little, and 7 is too late...
Old 09-27-2009, 03:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch vogue
Carrier: sprint

jamess661 is a n00b

willysp hope you dont use mms lol good luck with your new iphone
Old 09-27-2009, 05:59 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

the7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by halodve View Post
As I work for sprint there are some things I can not tell you, so listen carefully. Many of you have seen some of the changes in our phone line up with phones like the Palm Pre with Web OS, The Blackberry Tour, HTC Touch Pro 2, and the phones soon to come that you may know about such as the HTC Hero, Sprint's first Android OS phone, and the Palm Pixi. You might even of heard of the new instinct and I don't mean the S30 version, that was just an appetizer.

So let me put it to you this way... Why would sprint let all the the little toys out of the bag by Oct 11, the day the Hero comes out. I mean November and December are the days to shop, and I assure you that the Hero is not the last phone to be released before the end of the year. You will have some very interesting choices this year. If you flavor 5 MP cameras get the hero or wait just a bit, if you want flawless multi tasking then pixi and pre are your best bets, but if open applications abound then android heros are for you, but it would not hurt to wait until about October 28th or so to buy, just in case you want to change your mind under a 30 day return policy. What was that saying about diamond's and best friends?
This is the happiest post I've read on this board in the last 2 months =D> I really hope you're not playing with my emotions If you're right, hopefully we can anticipate an end of November release for the TD2. I'm gonna sit out switching to the Hero for a couple months, I have high hopes!
Old 09-27-2009, 09:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Verizon

shark1987 is keeping up the good workshark1987 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
lol, just because this is hilarious that you had to use that argument, link.

let's not force people to stick with phones they don't want.
Old 09-27-2009, 09:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

jamess661 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by shark1987 View Post
lol, just because this is hilarious that you had to use that argument, link.

let's not force people to stick with phones they don't want.

i dont understand who is forcing someone to stick with a phone they dont want every in here are grown men and women and can make up there own mine what phone they want well i would hope people can think for there selves
Old 09-28-2009, 01:48 PM
A Geek For Eons

Quote:
What new iPhone?

Please re-read my post. I thought I was clear, but maybe not. I don't know when I'll get a new phone, nor what it will be.
- maybe get a TD2 if Sprint releases it soon
- maybe a WM7 phone next year
- maybe an iPhone next year, depending on WM7 features and MS marketshare

As I clearly said in my original post, I hope it's not an iPhone.
Old 09-28-2009, 02:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

jamess661 is a n00b

i dont even thing wm 7 will be that great they took so long to drop wm 6.5 i been messing around making my own rom with all the unstable builds so much i got tired all the new ones are ugly and i know there are not the final builds but got tired of them and i wonder how different to wm 7 will me iam looking more into what android will be if wm 6.5 suck when it comes out and why is it taking so long the diamond and tp2 been out over sea's for a while so what are the waiting on the us release maybe iam just sick of waiting for something that might not even be worth it

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > HTC Diamond 2