PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC Arrive/7 Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2012, 07:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo3D/EvoShift/Arrive(Gold_C)/A100/A500/GALAXY10.1
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

mapaz04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmapaz04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmapaz04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmapaz04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmapaz04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [SMS INCREASE] REMOVE the 160+ SMS Limit on WP7 for HTC Arrive GOLD_C

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtrush View Post
Looks like I'll go with the Tango this weekend. Thanks for the heads up.
Dont get your hopes up just yet... My phone was glitching I guess because now its pausing again...

I will look for this for you (and me... jejeje ) because i know its annoying... jejeje

I will post my results...

PS... I would still go with TANGO though... Its faster.. from what I can tell... jejeje
Old 04-26-2012, 01:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive 32GB MANGO (Sprint)
Carrier: Page Plus Cellular (Verizon)

dtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapaz04 View Post
Dont get your hopes up just yet... My phone was glitching I guess because now its pausing again...

I will look for this for you (and me... jejeje ) because i know its annoying... jejeje

I will post my results...

PS... I would still go with TANGO though... Its faster.. from what I can tell... jejeje
Yeah, the reliability of the phone day in and day out is super important to me. I don't want to have any problems. I downloaded the Tango 18L rom yesterday off your SkyDrive for the weekend install. I'll hold off if you think the annoyance isn't solved. I use the phone a lot during the day.
I really hate reloading 32GB of music & apps etc on the phone and starting over if it aint for the better
Old 04-26-2012, 04:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

mapaz04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmapaz04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmapaz04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmapaz04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmapaz04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Aww man, don't let my comment stop you... Remember that my phone right now is a guineapig being regedited like crazy... Most of my glitches are self inflicted... jejeje... Trying to find a way to "overclock" without actually overclocking... jejeje

Sent from my HTC Arrive 8773 using Board Express
Old 04-26-2012, 10:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6850
Carrier: sprint

haramzee is just getting started

Drush, mapaz is right, he's hacked his registry like crazy and its destroyed the tango fix for the music. I have the 8773 Tango from ansar and it doesn't pause the music anymore if I open or close the keyboard. I was thrilled when I found it fixed.

I just don't like how they switched the search key with the call history list. I search more than I call.
Old 04-26-2012, 11:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by haramzee View Post
Drush, mapaz is right, he's hacked his registry like crazy and its destroyed the tango fix for the music. I have the 8773 Tango from ansar and it doesn't pause the music anymore if I open or close the keyboard. I was thrilled when I found it fixed.

I just don't like how they switched the search key with the call history list. I search more than I call.
jejeje... sometimes you gotta give yourself the glitches... to find the fixes... jejeje

Ohhh... and you can change the search key... here is the app thread:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...6#post24755046
change from .zip to .xap and install. Go to the Settings and its at the bottom... jejeje

Last edited by mapaz04; 04-26-2012 at 11:05 PM.
Old 04-27-2012, 01:50 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive

adihere is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

FYI my music never pause unless i physically hit pause or a call/txt comes in...i open the keyboard all day long and im on DFT, so not sure why some ppl experience that... As well as the wifi bug isnt an issue for me neither...guess i got lucky cuz not only that but my 160+ reg hack worked right after i edited it w/o receiving an error me or having to reset.
Old 04-27-2012, 11:02 AM
Regular 'Geeker

dtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Aww man, don't let my comment stop you... Remember that my phone right now is a guineapig being regedited like crazy... Most of my glitches are self inflicted... jejeje... Trying to find a way to "overclock" without actually overclocking... jejeje

Sent from my HTC Arrive 8773 using Board Express
OK man, I'll do it then. Yeah, I only plan on regediting the 160 SMS, I don't do the MMS yet because I haven't got the APN figured out on this phone yet. I rarely send them so it doesn't bother me. I know in this version of DFT under the Settings-->Cellular--> it has an add apn button but I've never bothered to look it up because I've been busy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haramzee View Post

Quote:
jejeje... sometimes you gotta give yourself the glitches... to find the fixes... jejeje

Ohhh... and you can change the search key... here is the app thread:
[8.4.2012][NT 8773 18L 8107 22L 3La/3Lb]HD7_ML_51240105_R_5710902a_22515021U by ansar - Page 10 - xda-developers
change from .zip to .xap and install. Go to the Settings and its at the bottom... jejeje
I'll keep this info on hand. Searching isn't something I do a lot I guess so it probably wont bother me.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-27-2012, 11:21 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

APN? APN? APN FOR SPRINT? Nah, you dont need it... those settings are within the PRL and the PROFILE... You dont have to worry about the APN on SPRINT phones...

Unless you are coming from a Pro 7 and not an ARRIVE... So... Sending MMS should be already something you can do now... No editing needed... jejeje
Old 04-27-2012, 01:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
APN? APN? APN FOR SPRINT? Nah, you dont need it... those settings are within the PRL and the PROFILE... You dont have to worry about the APN on SPRINT phones...

Unless you are coming from a Pro 7 and not an ARRIVE... So... Sending MMS should be already something you can do now... No editing needed... jejeje
My situation is much more complicated. I'm running my Arrive on an MVNO Page Plus Cellular on Verizon towers so the phone needs to be manually programmed. No such over the air programming for it. My PRL I had to use CDMA workshop to upload & Qualcomm's software for the QPST programming to get the data setup on it. The MMS needs the APN settings for Page Plus/Verizon from what I understand.

Just yesterday I purchased another Arrive actually for another friend. That's 6 Arrive's I've manually programmed for friends and family on Page Plus. I've told everyone that the MMS aint going to work so don't ask
Old 04-27-2012, 01:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Try to set a simple APN with the name: internet

everything should be blank. If this does not work, you will have to input your usename and password... but that is how Verizon APN works... Dont know if Page Plus will do it though... Thats how we used to get it working back in the WM6.5 days... jejeje

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC Arrive/7 Pro