PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC Arrive/7 Pro

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2012, 04:13 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: My next phone will not be Windows! I am going Android

Quote:
Originally Posted by gullzway View Post
As an Android fan with that has owned a Moment, Epic, now Epic Touch, I'm quite impressed with the HTC Arrive I just bought for my wife. It's fast, simple, and does just about everything my GS2 does. The only drawbacks I see so far are the smaller screen and lack of Flash Video. The lacking flash video would keep it from being my primary phone as I use it to watch live sports,UFC events, and stream TV shows and movies from certain websites.
id give it a shot if i didnt find metro ui so appalling.

Old 08-03-2012, 05:11 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gullzway View Post
As an Android fan with that has owned a Moment, Epic, now Epic Touch, I'm quite impressed with the HTC Arrive I just bought for my wife. It's fast, simple, and does just about everything my GS2 does. The only drawbacks I see so far are the smaller screen and lack of Flash Video. The lacking flash video would keep it from being my primary phone as I use it to watch live sports,UFC events, and stream TV shows and movies from certain websites.
Great post, just would like to clarify a couple things here.
1) there is a flash video app for WP that you could try, it might help on some of the sites you frequent, it's pretty much a browser that tries to extract the .flv files from the sites and then play them in it's video player.
2) Adobe has discontinued flash for mobile so now even the newer android phones (GS3, one series) don't have it unless a custom rom is installed I guess.

Last edited by NinjaMom; 08-03-2012 at 07:20 PM.
Old 08-03-2012, 08:48 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

why you guys (mods) are letting this go on in the wp section is beyond me. this thread either needs to be moved to phone comparison, as stated by other members, or closed. time could be better spent getting new membership and traffic up rather than deleting posts for no apparent reason.
Old 08-03-2012, 08:57 PM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
Great post, just would like to clarify a couple things here.
1) there is a flash video app for WP that you could try, it might help on some of the sites you frequent, it's pretty much a browser that tries to extract the .flv files from the sites and then play them in it's video player.
2) Adobe has discontinued flash for mobile so now even the newer android phones (GS3, one series) don't have it unless a custom rom is installed I guess.
1. I tried the flash app, couldn't get it to play anything. Can you play any video from free-tv-video-online.me or firstrowsports.eu?

2. I know it works great on my Galaxy S2, whether they have discontinued it or not, these sites are flash video only, any way to watch them on Windows Phone?
Old 08-03-2012, 09:03 PM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin420 View Post
why you guys (mods) are letting this go on in the wp section is beyond me. this thread either needs to be moved to phone comparison, as stated by other members, or closed. time could be better spent getting new membership and traffic up rather than deleting posts for no apparent reason.
The OP was related to the users HTC Arrive phones which is why it's in this section. Nothing wrong with a discussion on whether his/her Arrive phone is worth keeping or getting an Android phone. Being used to the customization of Android, I prefer it, but I don't find the Metro UI "appauling," it's simple and to the point, my wife seems to Like it very well!

Last edited by gullzway; 08-03-2012 at 09:20 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-03-2012, 09:55 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin420 View Post
i dont think it is fair that my post was deleted. this is a thread about the merits of windowz phone v android. all i said is that metro ui is appallingly ugly... witch a lot of people agree with. see this thread for an example. out of 250 people polled, it is a dead tie as to weather metro is easy on the eyes or not.
Overall look of the Windows Phone 7 series UI: ugly or beautiful? - xda-developers

unneeded post deletion is why a lot of people dont come here any more. if this were xda, eric would be banned. oh yea, he is banned over there. they recognize trolls.
Your post isn't deleted,it was mine that got edited which wasn't bad in any way I don't think. It's windows phone, not windowz phone. That's plain childish to refer to it as that. It's like saying windoze, etc. Everyone who has bought a WP outside of these forums loves the metro UI.
Old 08-03-2012, 10:44 PM
The Admin-Ninja
Pocket PC: Note 2; Note 10.1
Carrier: Sprint

NinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Eric.... Austin..... Keep the petty arguing out of the forums. It is beyond ridiculous. Stay on topic and be constructive. All this back and forth with you two is old.
Earned my Brown Belt..."Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them: A desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill."
Muhammad Ali
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC Arrive/7 Pro