PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC Arrive/7 Pro

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2012, 09:47 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid
Re: My next phone will not be Windows! I am going Android

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
They aren't moving away from NT for quite sometime. The NT kernel is far more capable than the CE kernel, hence the switch and will be capable for years to come.
For their sake I hope you're right.
Old 07-20-2012, 12:05 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul > TP1 > TP2 > Arrive > SGS3 > SGS4 > LG G4
Carrier: Sprint

esqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuff
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

I had hope for windows phone 7 as the phones are fast and stable. That can only get me so far though. When their devices don't do so well, they drop it and make another.

I could care less what reports, websites or users on forums say. The fact is that there isn't nearly as much good wp7 phones on the market and many just don't make apps for it. My bank just released an app for IOS, android and even BB.

User experience is what I go off of. I dislike Iphones so android is the next obvious choice for me.
Old 07-20-2012, 02:52 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by esqueue View Post
I had hope for windows phone 7 as the phones are fast and stable. That can only get me so far though. When their devices don't do so well, they drop it and make another.

I could care less what reports, websites or users on forums say. The fact is that there isn't nearly as much good wp7 phones on the market and many just don't make apps for it. My bank just released an app for IOS, android and even BB.

User experience is what I go off of. I dislike Iphones so android is the next obvious choice for me.
Would be quite foolish to go android now with WP8 and the MS ecosystem just months away.
Old 07-20-2012, 03:08 PM

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Would be quite foolish to go android now with WP8 and the MS ecosystem just months away.

Give it a couple years for the "ecosystem" to actually populate with development and apps.

Why not go with a proven platform rich with development, apps, and expanding daily, than wait for the sequel of an essentially failed operating system which, although seemingly promising, is unproven and even is successful will take a couple of years to have apps and good development?

Even after updates, time, and some developers, WP7 app content left a lot to be desired and a lot of them were shoddy at best.

Go Android Jellybean and Key lime pie, then maybe in a year or two from now WP8 might have something to offer.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-20-2012, 05:44 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

Quote:
They aren't moving away from NT for quite sometime. The NT kernel is far more capable than the CE kernel, hence the switch and will be capable for years to come.
ya, thats what was implied last time they overhauled as well, but we all see how that panned out.

Old 07-20-2012, 05:45 PM

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
@esqueue why go android with the fact that there's now custom roms and with W8 in the future? There are tons of great things in the future for the MS ecosystem.
now thats funny right there, i dont care who ya are.
Old 07-20-2012, 07:11 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin420 View Post
ya, thats what was implied last time they overhauled as well, but we all see how that panned out.
It seems that in every anti-WP thread siempre llegas pa'espumar tus tonterĂ*as. Anyway reports are coming in now that Nokia did better in these few months than android and iOS did combined in their first years. The NT kernel is far more capable than the CE kernel, the last time there was an overhaul it was still the CE kernel and the NT kernel wasn't ready for ARM at that time.
Old 07-21-2012, 01:19 AM

Quote:
It seems that in every anti-WP thread siempre llegas pa'espumar tus tonterĂ*as. Anyway reports are coming in now that Nokia did better in these few months than android and iOS did combined in their first years. The NT kernel is far more capable than the CE kernel, the last time there was an overhaul it was still the CE kernel and the NT kernel wasn't ready for ARM at that time.
Can u source that ? Cuz every article I see says Nokia tanked in smartphone sales.

Also, what's with the Spanish? I don't have a clue what you said there...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus on the PPCGeeks App
Old 07-21-2012, 01:04 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Quote:
Nokia has been around decades... So their "first few years" have been over... And let's be honest, iPhone had lines for a week before the first one launched... In the Far East they fight over who's getting in stores first.... Noone ever has, nor ever will act that way with Nokia(not in US) or WP.....

The SGlll had 9million pre-orders... 9 million worldwide!! That's 1 phone...That's record breaking.... WP probably hasn't even sold 9million devices since its inception

To each their own, but face it, no matter how bad you want it, MS/WP will never have what it used to..
Old 07-21-2012, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Anyway reports are coming in now that Nokia did better in these few months than android and iOS did combined in their first years.
this is not truth.

Nokia revival hopes fade as analysts cut targets | NDTV Gadgets

Nokia's Q2: all lemons, little lemonade | ZDNet

Guess what? Nokia is still sucking wind in North America | Mobile - CNET News

these article are all dated this week.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC Arrive/7 Pro