PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC Arrive/7 Pro

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2012, 03:47 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl
Re: My next phone will not be Windows! I am going Android

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
It seems that in every anti-WP thread siempre llegas pa'espumar tus tonterĂ*as. Anyway reports are coming in now that Nokia did better in these few months than android and iOS did combined in their first years. The NT kernel is far more capable than the CE kernel, the last time there was an overhaul it was still the CE kernel and the NT kernel wasn't ready for ARM at that time.
Yeah whats with the Spanish. are you saying your going to overthrow the government or something

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."

Old 07-21-2012, 04:06 PM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE
Carrier: Sprint

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl View Post
Yeah whats with the Spanish. are you saying your going to overthrow the government or something
I think he is saying Nokia will. Lol
Old 07-21-2012, 05:38 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

@austin420
Those are all anti-MS pundits writing those articles.
www.wpcentral.com/nokia’s-cumulative-sales-lumia-outpaces-iphone-and-samsung…back-2007

WP is also 2nd place in market share in china which btw has more people than the Anglo world combined.
Here's a video of the explanation as to why WP8 was moved to the NT kernel.

Microsoft’s Greg Sullivan shows off Windows Phone 7.8 and discusses Windows Phone 8 | Anythingbutiphone

Last edited by eric12341; 07-21-2012 at 10:13 PM.
Old 07-21-2012, 09:48 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Does anybody know how to report a post using the android app?

Sent from my PG86100 on the PPCGeeks App

Old 07-21-2012, 09:55 PM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by austin420 View Post

Right click (hold down on the post) select "more", then "open in browser" click report.
Doesn't look like the ppcgeeks app can report.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using PPCGeeks
Old 07-21-2012, 10:15 PM
Banned User

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gullzway View Post
Right click (hold down on the post) select "more", then "open in browser" click report.
Doesn't look like the ppcgeeks app can report.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using PPCGeeks
I can report from the board express app on WP, but I usually just use the web browser
Old 07-22-2012, 01:28 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul > TP1 > TP2 > Arrive > SGS3 > SGS4 > LG G4
Carrier: Sprint

esqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuff
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

@eric12341 I understand your love for microsoft but you can't hope to convince people based off of what any websites are saying.

I loved windows 6.5 but it was a tank. No matter how much someone is in denial you have to admit that android took windows mobile 6.5's spot with it's customizable nature and mass support.

Microsoft has screwed me over a few times. When they upgraded zune to hd they ignored the fat. That wan't a problem as I got it for free. They then added zune to their wp7 phones and said fuck you to anyone who purchased the zune players. Now that wp7 is a failure they will do the same and come with 8.

Mango took forever to come out. Prior to that the phones were basically useless with the complete lack of useful features. I've seen you campare it to android on it first release that they didn't have features when they were new.

If an automobile comes out with a new vehicle would it be acceptable for them to not include power steering, automatic transmission or air conditioning because they are new? Hell no, they are expected to look at all popular vehicles and give you more for less of a value.

I'll keep my arrive but for my next phone, I will go to an OS that has proven to already have more than I need or want.

The reason why I am now partial to android is that I've had 4.0 on my touchpad and am so happy with the availability of apps. Not only are they available, the majority of what I need are Free with ad supports.
Old 07-22-2012, 07:46 AM
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by esqueue View Post
@eric12341 I understand your love for microsoft but you can't hope to convince people based off of what any websites are saying.

I loved windows 6.5 but it was a tank. No matter how much someone is in denial you have to admit that android took windows mobile 6.5's spot with it's customizable nature and mass support.

Microsoft has screwed me over a few times. When they upgraded zune to hd they ignored the fat. That wan't a problem as I got it for free. They then added zune to their wp7 phones and said fuck you to anyone who purchased the zune players. Now that wp7 is a failure they will do the same and come with 8.

Mango took forever to come out. Prior to that the phones were basically useless with the complete lack of useful features. I've seen you campare it to android on it first release that they didn't have features when they were new.

If an automobile comes out with a new vehicle would it be acceptable for them to not include power steering, automatic transmission or air conditioning because they are new? Hell no, they are expected to look at all popular vehicles and give you more for less of a value.

I'll keep my arrive but for my next phone, I will go to an OS that has proven to already have more than I need or want.

The reason why I am now partial to android is that I've had 4.0 on my touchpad and am so happy with the availability of apps. Not only are they available, the majority of what I need are Free with ad supports.
apps aren't everything.
Old 07-22-2012, 10:53 AM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
apps aren't everything.
isnt the entire point of moving to the nt colonel to be able to make more quality apps compatible over all your screens (tab, phone, pc)? in one of your own articles you posted a little bit ago, greg sullivan even says that moving to the nt core was mainly to provide efficiency to developers. he even touts that the signs of a great os is dev support as he is talking about windows phone getting to the 100,000 app milestone.
to say that apps arent everything is to debase the entire smartphone os platform. if phones didnt run apps, (native or third party) why even have a smartphone in the first place, just carry around a dumb phone and a laptop.

Last edited by austin420; 07-22-2012 at 11:02 AM.
Old 07-22-2012, 03:05 PM
Banned User

Quote:
isnt the entire point of moving to the nt kernel to be able to make more quality apps compatible over all your screens (tab, phone, pc)? in one of your own articles you posted a little bit ago, greg sullivan even says that moving to the nt core was mainly to provide efficiency to developers. he even touts that the signs of a great os is dev support as he is talking about windows phone getting to the 100,000 app milestone.
to say that apps arent everything is to debase the entire smartphone os platform. if phones didnt run apps, (native or third party) why even have a smartphone in the first place, just carry around a dumb phone and a laptop.
Corrected your spelling error (sic), apps aren't everything. I read something back in January that said that the majority of smartphone users just download an app, use it once and then never again. The only apps that get used on a daily basis are social networking ,music and utility apps.

http://www.wpcentral.com/study-end-a...style_mobile=0

Last edited by eric12341; 07-22-2012 at 03:11 PM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC Arrive/7 Pro