PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Arrive/7 Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=260)
-   -   Finally! The HSPL for The HTC Arrive is here! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=149153)

IM0001 02-15-2012 06:38 PM

Finally! The HSPL for The HTC Arrive is here!

Finally we can start making and flashing custom roms to the HTC Arrive.
We just need some Roms now. Hopefully we can get a few of the old Rom cookers back into the game. Ah a guy can hope right?

Anyway..

To get the HSPL (#3) go Here
To Downgrade from the Mango Update's 4.3 Bootloader Go Here
It is a pretty easy and straightforward job for the Sprint Arrive, I cannot comment on any other versions. And you must check that you have only 4.3 (or 4.X where X = any number) but the downgrade will not work without the Goldcard method if anyone has a SPL Bootloader of 5.0 or above. Just be warned. If you brick your phone, it is your own fault that you could not read these simple instructions and warnings.
Read, Read again, Be Patient, ???, Profit. :cool:

DavidinCT 02-17-2012 12:04 AM

Re: Finally! The HSPL for The HTC Arrive is here!

and for the Verizon Trophy too...

fixxxer2012 02-17-2012 12:43 AM

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16)

Bout time this happens.

eric12341 02-17-2012 02:53 PM

@fixxxer2012 the HD7 has had custom roms for the past year or so now.

twiztid420 02-17-2012 04:23 PM

I can confirm that this works on the arrive as i currently have HSPL installed on my Arrive.

dandrayan 02-19-2012 04:18 PM

So far so good with the HSPL on my Arrive too. I've only seen two custom ROMs come out:

NewTech:
http://rapidshare.com/files/29172382...L_by_ansar.zip

DFT Freedom:
http://www.filefactory.com/file/c241..._for_Sprint.7z

I've personally been running the DFT ROM for a day and half now with no issues.

haramzee 02-20-2012 11:03 PM

cool, now we just need someone to enable tethering for the arrive

eric12341 02-20-2012 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by haramzee (Post 2169796)
cool, now we just need someone to enable tethering for the arrive

@haramzee that's up to sprint to push out the update to enable it. Doubt it'll happen anytime soon given their commitment to WP and the condition of their network. The custom roms will probably have it tho.

dtrush 02-21-2012 03:05 AM

I was able to get the radio & bootloader to 1.51.00 just fine.

Next step for the DFT_RSPL_WP7FG1_LAUNCH returned the following error:
----------
[Error Description]:
Invalid ModelID. This means that your phone not supported.
This installer supports only limited number of the phones.
SPARK, MOZART, MONDRIAN, GOLD, SCHUBERT.
If you have phone from this list, but still have this error, please contact with DFT team.
[Info]: USBWorkRSPL.cpp (235)

[Error Description]:
ModelID is 'PC931000'. Please report this info to DFT.
[Info]: USBWorkRSPL.cpp (234)

----------
Looks like I need to wait until they get my specific HTC Arrive model supported:spin:

sal475 02-21-2012 03:12 AM

Excited to hear about support for the HTC Arrive, but sadly my MID is not supported. Per Launch tool reporting to DFT.

[Error Description]:

Invalid ModelID. This means that your phone not supported.
This installer supports only limited number of the phones.
SPARK, MOZART, MONDRIAN, GOLD, SCHUBERT.
If you have phone from this list, but still have this error, please contact with DFT team.

[Info]: USBWorkRSPL.cpp (235)

[Error Description]:

ModelID is 'PC931000'. Please report this info to DFT.

[Info]: USBWorkRSPL.cpp (234)

dtrush 02-21-2012 03:28 AM

Nevermind. I had to do a little more reading. There's a version #3 of the utility. Use this link to get it @sal475:
HTC Fanboys downloads - View a file

sal475 02-21-2012 09:21 AM

Thanks I guess I gave up to easily will try it as soon as I get out of work.

sal475 02-22-2012 09:13 AM

Running DFT now works great no issues with previously installed apps everything works have not tried tethering yet, but the option is there and a big plus for me Opera Browser. Thanks for the help dtrush :)

sal475 02-23-2012 12:35 PM

Recommended Reg edits when running DFT rom

Bluetooth : Sound for Videos
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Zune\Playback\Video\A2DP\C apsSet1]
"DisableA2DPPLayback"= dword:1

Over all sound:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/HTC/APP_CUST/SoundEnhancer/IsDolbyDisabled

Change Value From 1 To 0 This sounds better to me, but might just be in my head.

dtrush 02-23-2012 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sal475 (Post 2170239)
Recommended Reg edits when running DFT rom

Bluetooth : Sound for Videos
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Zune\Playback\Video\A2DP\C apsSet1]
"DisableA2DPPLayback"= dword:1

Over all sound:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/HTC/APP_CUST/SoundEnhancer/IsDolbyDisabled

Change Value From 1 To 0 This sounds better to me, but might just be in my head.

I haven't had the time to actually do some tweaks to the device since applying this custom rom. Will try what you've mentioned as I've wanted to watch Netflix or YouTube and the bluetooth audio does not work.
For 1 update.......I noticed that listening to music, the keyboard slide open stop music has been fixed. But for some reason, listening to podcasts it stops. Crazy!

donhuff 02-25-2012 06:26 AM

OK - I'm not much of a PPC expert (I have turning it on pretty well down). What does this HPSL do? I have a Trophy and find this APP thing rather humerous and limiting. Tiles don't allow much customization that I was used to. Will this HPSL permit greaater customization?

eric12341 02-25-2012 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donhuff (Post 2170514)
OK - I'm not much of a PPC expert (I have turning it on pretty well down). What does this HPSL do? I have a Trophy and find this APP thing rather humerous and limiting. Tiles don't allow much customization that I was used to. Will this HPSL permit greaater customization?

it will allow flashing of custom roms which may have a newer build, are unlocked and may have features that the carrier disabled or has yet to enable it (ex tethering)

smileyface22 02-27-2012 02:28 AM

I've been waiting for this moment for a long time now! About to HSPL now and the Freedom ROM here I come!

aqualls 02-27-2012 10:56 AM

Just like flashing TP2. DFT rom running really well btw.

esqueue 02-27-2012 10:37 PM

Running DFT rom and can confirm that wifi tethering works. My touchpad couldn't connect under the default SSID of HTC and a crapload of numbers. I renamed it something else and it connected instantly.

eric12341 02-28-2012 08:07 AM

@esqueue ,that's good then. Guess we can now put the tethering on the arrive thread to rest. How is the tethering at only half the 784kbps that ur getting?

holmesm 02-28-2012 10:26 AM

I would love to try for US Cellular, anyone out there have a rom for them or a generic rom?

tdecision10 02-28-2012 08:12 PM

Can anyone tell me how to use 7z to extract the DFT Freedom Gold_CV1 for Sprint?

-tdecision10

sal475 02-28-2012 11:51 PM

If you have an updated version of winrar you should be able to extract it out with no issues.

tdecision10 02-29-2012 10:22 AM

I believe Winrar 4.11 is the latest version. It didn't work.

It just says can't open the file.

Is there a password for the archive in 7z?

-tdecision10

tank001 02-29-2012 12:50 PM

7zip is a freeware application for compression go here to get it 7-Zip

tdecision10 02-29-2012 04:54 PM

Thanks guys. I figured it out.

Somehow, I had a corrupt archive. I downloaded it again.

Now, I have to figure out this Error Code 238 that I keep getting when trying to flash DFT.

I have RSPL/HSPL loaded and I start the DFT Rom utility while in SPL mode but I keep getting the Error Code 238.

Any Thoughts?

-tdecision10

aqualls 03-02-2012 01:21 AM

Are you running it as admin?

steveo70 03-08-2012 12:52 AM

Figure it out? Just flashed DFT today on my old Arrive. Couldn't believe how easy they make it. Hats off!

Aleki 03-08-2012 02:09 AM

dumb question: will flashing cause me to lose everything? if so, can I restore programs, messages and podcasts through a backup utility? I'd rather not spend hours trying to get my info back on the device.

steveo70 03-08-2012 02:23 AM

No dumb questions. Flashing you will lose everything. you can reinstall the previous thru Zune. There is also a marketplace app reinstaller http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/ap...6-fa6dcd84dda4 .There is a message backup thru a unlocked "homebrew" solution. It is easy and worth the effort.

aqualls 03-08-2012 01:05 PM

You get real used to reinstalling everything if you came from flashing older winmo phones like the TP2. Nothing on the phone that can't be restored.

orangekid 03-08-2012 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aqualls (Post 2172078)
You get real used to reinstalling everything if you came from flashing older winmo phones like the TP2. Nothing on the phone that can't be restored.

lol, I remember flashing new ROMs on my diamond daily and just getting used to reinstalling everything and re-doing it all, then trying to get sashimi to do it for me...

I would have PAID cash money for a restore app (with data)

Esmartuek 03-10-2012 08:34 AM

Very exciting stuff, I'm curious about it, but I don't want to jump back into kitchens unless if I know just what crazy-awesome changes have been made, other than tethering.
I never did have the luxury of a stable OS with my previous winmo phones, and I've grown quite fond of WP7.5's stability... those kitchens were stuff of legends, though.

esqueue 03-11-2012 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esmartuek (Post 2172308)
Very exciting stuff, I'm curious about it, but I don't want to jump back into kitchens unless if I know just what crazy-awesome changes have been made, other than tethering.
I never did have the luxury of a stable OS with my previous winmo phones, and I've grown quite fond of WP7.5's stability... those kitchens were stuff of legends, though.

Well, now I have the stability of WP7 with tethering and no more annoying limitations on the file sizes. Love updating my podcasts and updating programs without having to be on wifi or usb.

Aleki 03-13-2012 08:52 PM

okay, so after installing ICM on my touchpad, think I'll focus on ROM's for the arrive; damn flash bug :)

does anyone know of any ROM that desensitises the capacitive buttons? I'd love to not accidentally hit back or search as frequently as I already do :evil4:

eric12341 03-13-2012 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aleki (Post 2172594)
okay, so after installing ICM on my touchpad, think I'll focus on ROM's for the arrive; damn flash bug :)

does anyone know of any ROM that desensitises the capacitive buttons? I'd love to not accidentally hit back or search as frequently as I already do :evil4:

@Aleki don't know if there are any roms but there might be a regedit for that. I will say this though, since I switched to a larger screen (HD7) I haven't been hitting those buttons by accident often.

esqueue 03-14-2012 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aleki (Post 2172594)

That would be GREAT. Simply turning the phone off is a pain in the ass at it keeps coming back on. I have to make sure that my hands aren't close to the buttons or it will not go into sleep mode.

Max and the magic marker had potential to be a great game but the fact that you will hit the back or search buttons and the fact that the moronic design of the game it will revert you back to your last save point. After a while, you much restart the entire stage. The only game that I've played with perfect resuming is Plant Vs Zombies. It will resume even when my zune decides to loose all my podcast progress.

Main reason why I will now go back to my zune hd.

eric12341 03-14-2012 10:18 AM

@esqueue it's not that big of a deal. All the games I play resume me back to where I was. If not it isn't that hard to do certain parts again.

esqueue 03-20-2012 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eric12341 (Post 2172648)
@esqueue it's not that big of a deal. All the games I play resume me back to where I was. If not it isn't that hard to do certain parts again.

May not be to you but after doing a stage 10+ times because of a poor design I consider the game unplayable.