PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC Arrive/7 Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2012, 02:23 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Micro$oft 950
Carrier: AT&T

steveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Finally! The HSPL for The HTC Arrive is here!

No dumb questions. Flashing you will lose everything. you can reinstall the previous thru Zune. There is also a marketplace app reinstaller http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/ap...6-fa6dcd84dda4 .There is a message backup thru a unlocked "homebrew" solution. It is easy and worth the effort.
Old 03-08-2012, 01:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: CDMA TP2
Carrier: Sprint

aqualls is keeping up the good workaqualls is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

You get real used to reinstalling everything if you came from flashing older winmo phones like the TP2. Nothing on the phone that can't be restored.
Old 03-08-2012, 04:14 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by aqualls View Post
You get real used to reinstalling everything if you came from flashing older winmo phones like the TP2. Nothing on the phone that can't be restored.

lol, I remember flashing new ROMs on my diamond daily and just getting used to reinstalling everything and re-doing it all, then trying to get sashimi to do it for me...

I would have PAID cash money for a restore app (with data)
Old 03-10-2012, 08:34 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Apache(PPC6700)->Touch Pro-> TP2-> Arrive
Carrier: sprint

Esmartuek is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Very exciting stuff, I'm curious about it, but I don't want to jump back into kitchens unless if I know just what crazy-awesome changes have been made, other than tethering.
I never did have the luxury of a stable OS with my previous winmo phones, and I've grown quite fond of WP7.5's stability... those kitchens were stuff of legends, though.
Old 03-11-2012, 10:41 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul > TP1 > TP2 > Arrive > SGS3 > SGS4 > LG G4

esqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuff
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esmartuek View Post
Very exciting stuff, I'm curious about it, but I don't want to jump back into kitchens unless if I know just what crazy-awesome changes have been made, other than tethering.
I never did have the luxury of a stable OS with my previous winmo phones, and I've grown quite fond of WP7.5's stability... those kitchens were stuff of legends, though.
Well, now I have the stability of WP7 with tethering and no more annoying limitations on the file sizes. Love updating my podcasts and updating programs without having to be on wifi or usb.
Old 03-13-2012, 08:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Arrive

Aleki is keeping up the good workAleki is keeping up the good workAleki is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

okay, so after installing ICM on my touchpad, think I'll focus on ROM's for the arrive; damn flash bug

does anyone know of any ROM that desensitises the capacitive buttons? I'd love to not accidentally hit back or search as frequently as I already do
Old 03-13-2012, 10:27 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleki View Post
okay, so after installing ICM on my touchpad, think I'll focus on ROM's for the arrive; damn flash bug

does anyone know of any ROM that desensitises the capacitive buttons? I'd love to not accidentally hit back or search as frequently as I already do
@Aleki don't know if there are any roms but there might be a regedit for that. I will say this though, since I switched to a larger screen (HD7) I haven't been hitting those buttons by accident often.
Old 03-14-2012, 12:25 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

esqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleki View Post

That would be GREAT. Simply turning the phone off is a pain in the ass at it keeps coming back on. I have to make sure that my hands aren't close to the buttons or it will not go into sleep mode.

Max and the magic marker had potential to be a great game but the fact that you will hit the back or search buttons and the fact that the moronic design of the game it will revert you back to your last save point. After a while, you much restart the entire stage. The only game that I've played with perfect resuming is Plant Vs Zombies. It will resume even when my zune decides to loose all my podcast progress.

Main reason why I will now go back to my zune hd.
Old 03-14-2012, 10:18 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

@esqueue it's not that big of a deal. All the games I play resume me back to where I was. If not it isn't that hard to do certain parts again.
Old 03-20-2012, 12:37 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
@esqueue it's not that big of a deal. All the games I play resume me back to where I was. If not it isn't that hard to do certain parts again.
May not be to you but after doing a stage 10+ times because of a poor design I consider the game unplayable.

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC Arrive/7 Pro