PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Arrive/7 Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=260)
-   -   Finally! The HSPL for The HTC Arrive is here! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=149153)

dtrush 02-21-2012 03:28 AM

Re: Finally! The HSPL for The HTC Arrive is here!

Nevermind. I had to do a little more reading. There's a version #3 of the utility. Use this link to get it @sal475:
HTC Fanboys downloads - View a file

sal475 02-21-2012 09:21 AM

Thanks I guess I gave up to easily will try it as soon as I get out of work.

sal475 02-22-2012 09:13 AM

Running DFT now works great no issues with previously installed apps everything works have not tried tethering yet, but the option is there and a big plus for me Opera Browser. Thanks for the help dtrush :)

sal475 02-23-2012 12:35 PM

Recommended Reg edits when running DFT rom

Bluetooth : Sound for Videos
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Zune\Playback\Video\A2DP\C apsSet1]
"DisableA2DPPLayback"= dword:1

Over all sound:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/HTC/APP_CUST/SoundEnhancer/IsDolbyDisabled

Change Value From 1 To 0 This sounds better to me, but might just be in my head.

dtrush 02-23-2012 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sal475 (Post 2170239)
Recommended Reg edits when running DFT rom

Bluetooth : Sound for Videos
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Zune\Playback\Video\A2DP\C apsSet1]
"DisableA2DPPLayback"= dword:1

Over all sound:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/HTC/APP_CUST/SoundEnhancer/IsDolbyDisabled

Change Value From 1 To 0 This sounds better to me, but might just be in my head.

I haven't had the time to actually do some tweaks to the device since applying this custom rom. Will try what you've mentioned as I've wanted to watch Netflix or YouTube and the bluetooth audio does not work.
For 1 update.......I noticed that listening to music, the keyboard slide open stop music has been fixed. But for some reason, listening to podcasts it stops. Crazy!

donhuff 02-25-2012 06:26 AM

OK - I'm not much of a PPC expert (I have turning it on pretty well down). What does this HPSL do? I have a Trophy and find this APP thing rather humerous and limiting. Tiles don't allow much customization that I was used to. Will this HPSL permit greaater customization?

eric12341 02-25-2012 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donhuff (Post 2170514)
OK - I'm not much of a PPC expert (I have turning it on pretty well down). What does this HPSL do? I have a Trophy and find this APP thing rather humerous and limiting. Tiles don't allow much customization that I was used to. Will this HPSL permit greaater customization?

it will allow flashing of custom roms which may have a newer build, are unlocked and may have features that the carrier disabled or has yet to enable it (ex tethering)

smileyface22 02-27-2012 02:28 AM

I've been waiting for this moment for a long time now! About to HSPL now and the Freedom ROM here I come!

aqualls 02-27-2012 10:56 AM

Just like flashing TP2. DFT rom running really well btw.

esqueue 02-27-2012 10:37 PM

Running DFT rom and can confirm that wifi tethering works. My touchpad couldn't connect under the default SSID of HTC and a crapload of numbers. I renamed it something else and it connected instantly.