PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC Arrive/7 Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2012, 03:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: CDMA TP2
Carrier: Sprint

aqualls is keeping up the good workaqualls is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Andorid on HTC Arrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtrush View Post
Ahh the threadcrapping, how fun

OP.. The Arrive hardware wise is a bad or even terrible choice for an Android based phone. It's just too slow. Only 1GHZ processor And don't get me started with the RAM

In order to have a decent running Android you should look into one of them super zippy "dual core" phones all the trendies are running after to power their resource intensive OS. Make sure to get one with a lot of RAM also or expect memory and force close problems or spend your day looking at task managers to "manage" what the OS doesn't.

Fortunately WP7 runs fast as hell on the slow hardware that is on the HTC Arrive - it never crashes, force closes or has terrible battery life. Experience from a HEAVY user of the HTC Arrive! Best phone I've ever used!

I agree 100%. Had two android phones, my TP2, the Arrive. The battery life and fc's made me switch from android to winmo. Android is so system demanding. WP7 so far blows both away and with less glitches.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-10-2012, 12:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive

IM0001 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularIM0001 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularIM0001 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via ICQ to IM0001 Send a message via AIM to IM0001 Send a message via MSN to IM0001 Send a message via Skype™ to IM0001

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
lol, your joking right? i wont start a bunch of crap but really....
Really.

Though it is true, with the huge selection of devices with android on them, there is little point to port Android to the Arrive.

We still just need to unlock the damn bootloader for custom WP7 roms, but sadly after the TP2 died, so did the whole team that was so good at hacking Sprint Windows Phones to be the tweekers dream. :/

Phone History with Sprint: Samsung N400 (Lockup King) - Toshiba VM4050 (Great Screen. No BT) - PPC6700 (Squishy Touchscreen) - Mogul (USB Port No More) - Touch Pro (Davy Jones Locker) - Touch Pro 2 (Oldie But Goodie) - HTC Arrive (I<3WP) : History of Pocket PC's: Dell Axim X50V WM6.5.3 (Still the best VGA PDA gaming and multimedia device since 2004)
Old 01-10-2012, 01:02 AM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.7; en-us; Incredible 2 Build/GRI40; CyanogenMod-7.2.0) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

The arrive would be better with an android option. I mean look at the hd2.

Old 01-10-2012, 06:39 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

do like me and put wp7 on android.

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-10-2012, 04:15 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)
Carrier: Verizon

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)

Wow... looks cool!!

Old 01-10-2012, 07:11 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Those can't be real live tiles
Old 01-11-2012, 01:41 AM
acs tester

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
wanna bet? pm me if you do.
Old 01-11-2012, 02:38 AM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.7; en-us; Incredible 2 Build/GRI40; CyanogenMod-7.2.0) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341
Well they are.
Old 01-11-2012, 04:09 AM
acs tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
whats really funny is i can customize them with more colors/sizes/and names than wp can.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-11-2012, 09:11 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

EyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

a little off topic since i got a tp2... but didn't want a new thread :S lol

here's my tp2 with "wp7" semi live tiles lol, calendar/email/text/phone calls/clock are live tiles. dont have a good camera, using another phone but you can almost make out how the clock tile and the clock at top are saying same thing, calendar says today's day. You'll have to trust me on the email/text/phone call tiles unless you want to call me to make it say 1 picture was taken minutes before this post (well there are some problems with it, but still so far the best wp7 mod for tp2 that've I've played with)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2093243/2012...2006.59.00.jpg

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC Arrive/7 Pro