PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC Arrive/7 Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2011, 04:01 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

chirodj5 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: replacing the cracked screen on htc arrive ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wud_e View Post
Got it to work Thanks for your thread!! Took me an Hour. The Hair Dryer is Very awkward to hold while trying to pry the glass off. First I thought I had to take all of the shards off then I saw it was glued to another peice. I got scared at first because I though I was ripping the top layer of the LCD screen then went down stairs to look at my replacement screen and noticed what I needed to take off was the glass and the screen it is attached to. Pretty easy though! Thanks again.
I just held the hair dryer on it long enough to get the glue (which lines the perimeter of the digitizer) soft. i could then set it down and go to work sliding the too along the underside edge of the glass to get it separated from the LCD.
i too was scared i was peeling a layer of the LCD but alas i don't even think that's possible after seeing it with the glass digitizer removed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wud_e View Post
Good to know you had a good experience. WMPowerusers has a new rumor that the Nokia ACE is coming with LTE to Verizon and AT&T late January. that makes the switch even more likely for me.
an executive that i know at Sprint told me off the record that they would be getting a new windows phone end of January.
That seems likely if Verizzon is saying they will have one in Jan since both Sprint and Verizon use CDMA instead of GSM used by AT&T and most of the rest of the world. this is the primary reason at&t gets phones before verizon and sprint.
Most producers initially build for gsm and then build for cdma ( kind of like when developers would build for windows and then later build for Macs - GSM is simply more widely used)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-10-2011, 04:23 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

chirodj5 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankees45us View Post
Does the arrive have gorilla glass? Looking to switch to wp7 and trying to decide if I should wait for a newer phone on Sprint.

Sent from my HTC EvO 3D... On The Now Network
I have been struggling with a touch pro for years and have even been off contract for well over a year already waiting, for a cool new windows phone 7 to buy.
i finally got too frustrated with the old TP but still didn't want to lock myself into a new 2 year contract when so many awesome phones will inevitably be coming out next year.
what i ended up doing was finding and arrive on Craigslist (verifying that the ESN was valid and could be activated by sprint) and purchased it for $160 off contract.
they pop up for me every few weeks on the site
i have been surprisingly pleased with the quality of the arrive. i too have had it in my pocket unprotected and the screen is unharmed.
my plan is too role with this phone until something comes out big enough and bad enough to make me drool and then i will splurge and buy it on contract and sell the arrive to pay for a portion of the purchase of said new phone.
until then i have a reasonably nice new phone and the WP7 ecosystem which i originally didn't think i would like but actually ended up loving.
the only things i want that the arrive doesn't have are a bigger 4.3" screen, better 8mb camera and ???, but until those show up, i am satisfied with this phone
Old 12-11-2011, 04:55 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

In my last days with my arrive it fell out of my jacket pocket onto the pavement of a WalMart parking lot face down battery out and everything, it came out totally undamaged.
Old 12-15-2011, 03:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

cyclical is keeping up the good workcyclical is keeping up the good work

if anyone runs across a site that sells the shells for the arrive let me know, wife's is all scuffed up already.

---6700-->Mogul-->TP--->TP2--->Arrive
Old 07-08-2012, 12:52 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive (Pro7)
Carrier: Sprint

InfexusBytez is a n00b

Recently I had a customer bring in my very first HTC Arrive for a screen replacement I don't know if anyone else had this problem, but I couldn't find any good pictures of the front panel dis-assembly anywhere, so I used bri3d's Replacing screen. - xda-developers step by step, and took pictures along the way, in case anyone's interested.

The only thing I really did differently is I didn't use a heat gun or anything to loosen the adhesive. IT'S NOT GLUE! It's just the black double stick pressure adhesive HTC uses for most of there phones. I used a guitar pick, and it cuts the 2 layers of the tape in half. A little cleanup and you're ready for fresh adhesive.

I found a place online that sells the pre-cut adhesive sheet. I can't remember where I got it though. Getting the dirt from between the LCD and Digitizer glass is hard, and the placement isn't just a 'drop it on' thing. Make sure your placement is accurate, or you've just ruined your adhesive! LOL

I hope this helps, at least somebody to not pull their hair out like I almost did!

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC Arrive/7 Pro