PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC Arrive/7 Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2011, 09:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch PRO
Carrier: Sprint

Spydc is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
New Arrive owner

Hello everyone. I previously had a Touch Pro 2.. a touch pro before that.. and a mogul before that. Over the past few weeks I was thinking about upgrading to the IPhone 4S but I decided it wasn't worth wasting my upgrade. I ended up picking up a used but good condition HTC arrive for $150 on ebay. I only received it yesterday but i've been so impressed by it thus far. It is like a NIGHT and DAY difference between the Arrive and touch pro 2. The touch pro 2 was like a curse. I never owned a phone that was so smooth before. It's like a dream. I'm trying to figure out why hasn't the Arrive or Windows phone 7 OS gotten more publicity? This is like a diamond in the rough.

There are some little quirks here and there that I have to get used too.. such as the super ultra sensitive front buttons. I don't know how many times I have it the searched button by accident. Also, for some reason, the alarm sounds very low. I admit I disregarded the Arrive when it was released because reviews made it seem like it was underwhelming...but I have been pleasantly surprised so far.
Old 10-27-2011, 11:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: uh oh, i think i just ARRIVED

ncsportic is keeping up the good workncsportic is keeping up the good workncsportic is keeping up the good work
Re: New Arrive owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spydc View Post
Hello everyone. I previously had a Touch Pro 2.. a touch pro before that.. and a mogul before that. Over the past few weeks I was thinking about upgrading to the IPhone 4S but I decided it wasn't worth wasting my upgrade. I ended up picking up a used but good condition HTC arrive for $150 on ebay. I only received it yesterday but i've been so impressed by it thus far. It is like a NIGHT and DAY difference between the Arrive and touch pro 2. The touch pro 2 was like a curse. I never owned a phone that was so smooth before. It's like a dream. I'm trying to figure out why hasn't the Arrive or Windows phone 7 OS gotten more publicity? This is like a diamond in the rough.

There are some little quirks here and there that I have to get used too.. such as the super ultra sensitive front buttons. I don't know how many times I have it the searched button by accident. Also, for some reason, the alarm sounds very low. I admit I disregarded the Arrive when it was released because reviews made it seem like it was underwhelming...but I have been pleasantly surprised so far.
Glad to hear you like the Arrive! I absolutely love Windows Phone 7.5, I have been drooling over the second generation Windows Phones but I know it will be a while before Sprint gets their very own. After owning since launch day, I still hit the sensitive buttons on the front..it's not as a PIA with mango & multitasking though. As far as the alarm, it progressively gets louder the longer it goes! I find it to be a very good alarm for me..some days I wake up immediately and then others I have to get up because the alarm gets too loud from ignoring too long. Plus the alarm has never failed to go off, whereas I used to refuse to rely on my phone for an alarm.
Old 10-27-2011, 01:56 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

wp7 is about to get some major publicity within the next month or so. on wpcentral there are articles about even sprint now liking the arrive and will promote it in their newsletters.
it is a great phone and I've had it since launch and it got even better once I found and installed the mango betas and now that the official version is out its much better. the only thing that cripples the arrive tho is the SPRINT NETWORK with its slow dialup level speeds that also drain the battery and makes any streaming impossible and makes all the Facebook activities and everything else hard.
Old 10-27-2011, 02:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Arrive

Aleki is keeping up the good workAleki is keeping up the good workAleki is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

coming from the TP2 myself, I wasnt fond of NoDo. But now that Mango is out, I'm almost positive WP7 will get some spotlight.
The only bugs that drive me nuts is mainly the music player, and how it cuts out whenever you slide the keyboard out. Also, something funny happens to the music whenever you hit the search button. Speaking of, the capacitive buttons are way too sensitive
I hope HTC is working on the fixes, it's a great phone.
Old 10-27-2011, 11:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

cyclical is keeping up the good workcyclical is keeping up the good work

Similar boat here, had the Mogul, TP, TP2, now the Arrive. With mango it works great.

Question for you guys that have Mango installed. If you guys install the HTC Compass app, does it actually point North for you guys? ever since I installed Mango the HTC Compass app stopped working, and no compass app works to actually point North. Before, on Nodo, HTC Compass worked really well.

---6700-->Mogul-->TP--->TP2--->Arrive
Old 10-27-2011, 11:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleki View Post
coming from the TP2 myself, I wasnt fond of NoDo. But now that Mango is out, I'm almost positive WP7 will get some spotlight.
The only bugs that drive me nuts is mainly the music player, and how it cuts out whenever you slide the keyboard out. Also, something funny happens to the music whenever you hit the search button. Speaking of, the capacitive buttons are way too sensitive
I hope HTC is working on the fixes, it's a great phone.
Yeah the buttons on the front are super sensitive. The music player cutting off when the keyboard slides open is a bit annoying as well, but I have been using the on screen keyboard more and more often so I haven't noticed it as much.
Old 10-28-2011, 12:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch PRO
Threadstarter

Spydc is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclical View Post
Yeah the buttons on the front are super sensitive. The music player cutting off when the keyboard slides open is a bit annoying as well, but I have been using the on screen keyboard more and more often so I haven't noticed it as much.
Yea, overall.. the phone seems hyper sensitive to touch.. even the screen itself. But I still like the phone. I did notice the music cutting out when sliding open the keyboard as well. Are there any additional OS updates coming to this phone in th near future? I really hope Microsoft pushes this OS more. I'm just surprised how smooth it is. It feels reliable and speedy like iOS.
Old 10-28-2011, 08:36 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Arrive

Aleki is keeping up the good workAleki is keeping up the good workAleki is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclical View Post
Similar boat here, had the Mogul, TP, TP2, now the Arrive. With mango it works great.

Question for you guys that have Mango installed. If you guys install the HTC Compass app, does it actually point North for you guys? ever since I installed Mango the HTC Compass app stopped working, and no compass app works to actually point North. Before, on Nodo, HTC Compass worked really well.
Huh, would you look at that. It was working before..
I havent used it much, but it was working fine after upgrading Mango. Perhaps the new update broke the compass for Arrive users.
Old 10-28-2011, 08:43 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

sal475 is just getting started
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I got my arrive 3 Weeks ago and love it so far smooth, fast and fun. Yes I am going through withdraw from my touch pro 2 not that I miss the phone its self, but miss the ability to flash over and over and over again to new roms.
Old 10-28-2011, 10:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

I complained on the HTC support forum, and so far no response.

http://community.htc.com
feel free to join that forum and complain about the compass and any other issue. You will have to post under the 7 Pro section.

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC Arrive/7 Pro