PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC Arrive/7 Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2011, 02:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive 32GB MANGO (Sprint)
Carrier: Page Plus Cellular (Verizon)

dtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: New Arrive owner

It's kind of funny now that I think about it but I've purchased 5 Arrives for myself and 4 others. The phone just works!

Myself - $250 and then upgraded it to 32GB (Necessity for me!)
Brother- $200
Sales Guy - $175
Neighbor - $80
Cousin - $140

ALL ON PAGE PLUS (VERIZON) !

I've been impressed with the new gen phones that have come out but not enough to change carriers etc.
The one thing that lacks for me on all the new phones is the fact that the memory is not upgradeable at all. I can appreciate the new embedded flash they've put on the devices that is faster but I really need my 32GB as this phone is a music & podcast player which I really use a lot on top of every other awesome thing Windows Phone 7 does.

As for some mentions of Google integration etc. I found out when I purchased my neighbors Arrive that the sub-calendars for GMAIL wouldn't show up. I was really feeling bad at the time because the multiple calendars was something I used extensively between addresses and to think that this wouldn't work for them made the phone less attractive at first. Doing a little searching I found this post that shows how to enable the calendars. Whew! Really saved the dayMango Tip: Sync Multiple Google Calendars with Windows Phone
Old 11-14-2011, 09:50 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

@dtrush the one thing that sucks about pageplus is u don't get any data at all. At least u aren't on sprint and don't have to deal with the shit speeds that are crippling the hell out of this phone.
Old 11-15-2011, 12:18 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

yankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
So I guess I'm not the only one with slow speeds. I'm giving Sprint till beginning of next year to improve 3g data speeds before I give up and switch to verizon. I may even choose tmo if they don't merge with att.

Sent from my HTC EvO 3D... On The Now Network
Old 11-15-2011, 01:04 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

luniticlizard is a n00b
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
@luniticlizard for the google support do this:

email and PIM: goto email accounts, select add new then select google and enter ur credentials.

Google Talk: there's IM+ and GTalk
Google Maps:gMaps.
YouTube: there are many YouTube apps, including one by HTC ,supertube is the only one that supports uploading.

There u go that should work.
I am actually using (or have used before) all of those apps aleady, but that lack the feel of a similar app released from Google. Although, I really do likes gMaps a lot.

Thanks for the suggestions.
Old 11-15-2011, 01:08 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

luniticlizard is a n00b
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

It really is ridiculous how slow the 3g is on Sprint, isn't it? Although, when I have good signal I can watch something via netflix without too much trouble. It's certainly not HD (I wouldn't even call it SD), but my daughter doesn't mind too much.

Luckily, almost everywhere I go, except work--where I need it the most--I can find a WiFi signal to use.
Old 11-15-2011, 05:44 AM
Banned User

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP

@lunaticlizard at least u can watch Netflix,I can't without it buffering every second, and this is on its lowest quality. Also can't even stream a song and barely can access my SkyDrive,also annoying in the people hub trying to comment on things. @yankees45us u can read about my whole ordeal in my thread in the carrier discussion section or just click it here:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/carrier-di...-new-post.html
Old 11-15-2011, 07:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive 32GB MANGO (Sprint)
Carrier: Page Plus Cellular (Verizon)

dtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
@dtrush the one thing that sucks about pageplus is u don't get any data at all. At least u aren't on sprint and don't have to deal with the shit speeds that are crippling the hell out of this phone.
Sorry to hijack the thread with unrelated comments everyone

@eric12341 Page Plus now has an Unlimited Talk & Text for $55 which includes 500MB data. I will not be subscribing to it because I don't really need it. I have a TP2 running Android on Boost Mobile pay as you go that is always in wireless hotspot mode mounted in my car. My laptop is on a Jotto Desk just like the police have. The phone and the computer share that connection. Of course, other devices can also connect like my daughters HP TouchPad and my wife's EVO that serves everyone from time to time. It's a cheap alternative to the high data prices only running with tethering for all of the other smart phone plans.
Fact is that I need my data on my laptop to remain connected to the VPN when I receive a call which current 3G CDMA smartphones don't support simultaneous phone & data connections. I don't see the need to purchase portable data that can't serve my data needs by just having it soley on the phone. I need Verizon towers for talk because it's the best you can get IMHO.
All in all, I guess I'm on Sprint's towners with Boost but the speeds aren't really that bad I guess in my metro area. My CRM and e-mail seems to run just fine over the connection. Netflix seems to stream fine over Boost after the initial buffering gets finished.
Old 11-15-2011, 11:29 PM
Banned User

@dtrush yea that's what I meant 500MB isn't any data ,need at least 5GB but it's good that u have a workaround, boost probably won't be fast in your area much longer once more of those hipsters get on. Seems that my speeds have gotten even worse as it has taken me like 5 minutes to even get here when it normally takes me 2 (which is still slow) can't wait for my t-mobile sim to arrive so I can activate my HD7. 100mins, unlimited text and 5GB data for $30 on a much much faster network.
Old 11-18-2011, 03:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

cyclical is keeping up the good workcyclical is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Yeah Sprint speeds are kind of slow, but im only paying $40 a month for my Arrive with unlimited nights/weekends, cell to cell, unlimited text, and internet, and 500 minutes to landlines.

So I can't complain.

Gotta love the old SERO plan.

---6700-->Mogul-->TP--->TP2--->Arrive
Old 11-20-2011, 02:23 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

yankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Yeah, I have complained to Sprint several times and since they are working on the problem they basically tell you to wait it out or just leave. They even offered to let me go with no etf. So hopefully this is a sign that after they fix the data issues and introduce lte they'll be back on top. I hope that's the case cause I love their discounted prices.

Sent from my HTC EvO 3D... On The Now Network

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC Arrive/7 Pro