PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Arrive/7 Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=260)
-   -   Screen issue or software (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=147656)

ldubin 10-23-2011 11:56 AM

Screen issue or software

So I noticed this a few days ago but who know how long its been going on.
I can touch anything on the top of the screen. Wether in portrait or landscape from the htc/sprint side down about a finger width te screen just doesn't respond.
This should be pretty easy to test...any other owners seeing this? Should I try a hard reset?

eric12341 10-23-2011 02:09 PM

Re: Screen issue or software

sounds like there may be a hardware issue with ur device. u can try a hard reset but I doubt it would solve the issue.

cyclical 10-27-2011 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ldubin (Post 2151864)
So I noticed this a few days ago but who know how long its been going on.
I can touch anything on the top of the screen. Wether in portrait or landscape from the htc/sprint side down about a finger width te screen just doesn't respond.
This should be pretty easy to test...any other owners seeing this? Should I try a hard reset?

mine started doing that sporatically, took it into sprint and they basically replaced the touchscreen with a new one for free.

ldubin 10-28-2011 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cyclical (Post 2152830)
mine started doing that sporatically, took it into sprint and they basically replaced the touchscreen with a new one for free.

How long did it take? THough I'm glad I'm not the only one this happened too

cyclical 10-28-2011 10:10 AM

I took it in on Thursday 30 minutes before they closed, they had it done 30 minutes after they opened the following day.

So go in early on a Saturday or something. I had to go in twice to get them to fix it. My phone was not doing it all the time, it would come and go. The first time I went in the top of the screen started working again and they couldn't replicate it. Later that night it stopped working again and I rushed up there and showed them. Since they were able to see it not working/replicate they took it and repaired it.

You have to make sure you have full insurance with Sprint. My case was even all scratched up/cracked from dropping. Sprint people put my board, along with a new touchscreen (digitizer) into a new housing at no extra charge. Not a refurbished phone or anything like that, the phone serials all match the box they came in.

ldubin 10-28-2011 11:24 AM

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows Phone OS 7.5; Trident/5.0; IEMobile/9.0; HTC; T7575))

Excellent. My phones in perfect shape otherwise hence my concern it might be software but I also have full insurance.
Thanks...Ill report back post repair!